PDA

View Full Version : BMW films (why haven't I seen this earlier!!!!!)

NielsGalan
10-19-2007, 03:10 PM
Someone mentioned this to me today, and now I've been glued to YouTube for a hour watching a bunch of fantastic BMW films that they made a few years back.

I don't know if this has been mentioned on this board, but I thought i'd pass it on.

One of them is here, featuring Madonna and an M5!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nK87YLmagt4&mode=related&search=

Under related videos you'll eventually find the whole can of worms.

Enjoy!

gmannino
10-19-2007, 03:24 PM
I can't believe you havn't seen it either

They should make some more films with their new line of cars.

CharlesAFerg
10-19-2007, 03:34 PM
I can't believe you havn't seen it either

They should make some more films with their new line of cars.

Yeah, with grandma girdie driving the new 5? Look, it matches her glasses.
http://www.nightmarefactory.com/BB396.jpg
http://www.hairstyletwist.com/blog/uploads/Image/img097crop.jpg
http://www.wreckedexotics.com/528/540_20040713_001.jpg

LAWL. :D

dacoyote
10-20-2007, 04:15 PM
I have a the offical "bmw films" dvd.... If there is enough intrest (1 - 2 people) I will create a dvd image and upload it

kev535i
10-20-2007, 05:17 PM
the directors- guy richie - commentary on the madonna one is great

Macv
10-20-2007, 05:32 PM
Yeah, with grandma girdie driving the new 5? Look, it matches her glasses.

Lol wtf?

Those films are great to watch when you need something to pry you away from work.

AllGo'n'Show
10-21-2007, 02:18 AM
I have a the offical "bmw films" dvd.... If there is enough intrest (1 - 2 people) I will create a dvd image and upload it

I would definatly be interested, torrent or I can maybe even setup something to pass it on.

genphreak
10-21-2007, 02:27 AM
I would definatly be interested, torrent or I can maybe even setup something to pass it on.Yep, we need an index with links to IMDB and if someone can put the DBD together on an actual torrent that would be wicked... would have to be worth a sticky thread!

A BMW movies disk is a really good idea!

AllGo'n'Show
10-21-2007, 02:38 AM
I'd buy the DVD too if someone has the conection to recreate an exact replica of their DVD and sell it as I doubt they do anymore. Would have to keep it on the DL maybe ;)

dacoyote
10-22-2007, 05:53 AM
I will take an image of the Dvd later today....

Not sure if I will do a torrent... or just host it somewhere....

Dave PA
10-22-2007, 06:47 AM
when you would watch the originals in an 'enhanced' version, there would be little 'hidden' videos that were in there. these turned out to be clues. during the first group of video's they told people to go to i think it was 28th & 8th which was in NYC. so we (wife and i and her family from NYC) to see what was going to show up. they took over the block. it was awesome! they had each model of bmw that was available that year, 2 z8's, and the 7 series from the first movie.

the second 'season' was even more amazing. it was a game that you had to solve. puzzles, sleuthing, stuff that they put into newspapers you had to find info out on (in the times they put out a classified ad for a 1974 bmw 2002 that was black w/bullet holes. when you called the number it gave you the next clue. it was too damn awesome. they had links hidden on apples website that you had to find, etc. it was everywhere.
In the end, all of the clues were entered on a website. when you had all of them it turned out you were entered in a drawing for a new z4 (when they JUST came out). i was the second person to get all of the clues, and my buddy doug tello from chi town was #1. they announced the winners in vegas in jan of 03. it was awesome. we STILL had more clues to get more stuff once we got to vegas. in the end it was a drawing w/the odds of 1 out of 250 for a z4.
Unfortunately we didn't win, but the people who did, were just married and were there to take the car for a spin. it was really cool.
i THINK they still have bmwfilms.com but unfortunately the ad agency they used they severed ties with. afterwards they did a comic book thing which was not only a big mess (the 'scheduled' dates were off by at least 6-8 months) but they didn't have any type of game w/it.

the last thing i saw that they did was audio stories to download and listen to on your ipod. they were ok...

i'll see if i can drum up some pics of it so you guys don't think i'm full of hot air.

-dave

dacoyote
10-22-2007, 07:09 AM
when you would watch the originals in an 'enhanced' version, there would be little 'hidden' videos that were in there. these turned out to be clues. during the first group of video's they told people to go to i think it was 28th & 8th which was in NYC. so we (wife and i and her family from NYC) to see what was going to show up. they took over the block. it was awesome! they had each model of bmw that was available that year, 2 z8's, and the 7 series from the first movie.

the second 'season' was even more amazing. it was a game that you had to solve. puzzles, sleuthing, stuff that they put into newspapers you had to find info out on (in the times they put out a classified ad for a 1974 bmw 2002 that was black w/bullet holes. when you called the number it gave you the next clue. it was too damn awesome. they had links hidden on apples website that you had to find, etc. it was everywhere.
In the end, all of the clues were entered on a website. when you had all of them it turned out you were entered in a drawing for a new z4 (when they JUST came out). i was the second person to get all of the clues, and my buddy doug tello from chi town was #1. they announced the winners in vegas in jan of 03. it was awesome. we STILL had more clues to get more stuff once we got to vegas. in the end it was a drawing w/the odds of 1 out of 250 for a z4.
Unfortunately we didn't win, but the people who did, were just married and were there to take the car for a spin. it was really cool.
i THINK they still have bmwfilms.com but unfortunately the ad agency they used they severed ties with. afterwards they did a comic book thing which was not only a big mess (the 'scheduled' dates were off by at least 6-8 months) but they didn't have any type of game w/it.

the last thing i saw that they did was audio stories to download and listen to on your ipod. they were ok...

i'll see if i can drum up some pics of it so you guys don't think i'm full of hot air.

-dave

I do recall the game... I was working to many hours to get into it.... in fact I missed most of the films and didn't see them till I got them all on DVD from BMW.

dacoyote
10-24-2007, 11:51 AM
http://torrents.suprnova.org/1248119/The%20Hire.iso.1248119.SN.torrent

As requested... it's 7gigs.. but it is a raw ISO image of the DVD...