PDA

View Full Version : My Autozone/Duralast 49-D battery finally died -- after 6 years

gale
10-18-2007, 10:38 PM
She made it 6 years minus 2 days. I needed a jump after work about 2 months ago, forgot & left the lights on. Then it became increasingly weak this week & had to put a charger on it overnite. She finally refused to start this morning. Autozone credited me the remaining 1 year on the old one so I bought another 49-D just like it. If the new Duralast goes another 6 years for half the price of an Interstate, I'll keep doing that as long as they still make them.

bmwrp8
10-18-2007, 11:11 PM
She made it 6 years minus 2 days. I needed a jump after work about 2 months ago, forgot & left the lights on. Then it became increasingly weak this week & had to put a charger on it overnite. She finally refused to start this morning. Autozone credited me the remaining 1 year on the old one so I bought another 49-D just like it. If the new Duralast goes another 6 years for half the price of an Interstate, I'll keep doing that as long as they still make them.

wow 6years.. the longest battery that i had before it died was 2years 3months. Varta

attack eagle
10-19-2007, 12:13 AM
yeah and it is finally getting cold in the mornings over here this week too eh Gale? 50 is freezing... :)