PDA

View Full Version : I think e38 wheels need hub centric rings

94_e34_525i
10-18-2007, 03:07 PM
So here is the story, I bought a set of 16" chrome basket weaves (while back) as you can see in my sig pic. So the car started to vibrate recently like alot, so I got two tires replaced because they were bad, got them balanced and all the other two are in great shape so i didnt need to buy new ones. I put my original bottle caps on no vibration at all, so I know its the tires not my thrust arms. Today I took the bottle caps off and put my basketweaves on and they start to vibrate again even with the new tires, so im thinking i should get hubcentric rings what do you guys think?

BMWCCA1
10-18-2007, 03:28 PM
Maybe the rims are bent, maybe the other two tires are junk. E38 rims not only don't need hubcentric rings, rings just won't fit since the wheels are already hubcentric; there's no room. What kind of tires are you running? Why did the last guy get rid of the wheels?

Brandon J
10-18-2007, 04:07 PM
BMWCCA1 is right. The e38 rims do not need hubcentric rings and you might want to check the wheels themselves. They might need spacers. Some tires will rub against the strut tower because the offset of the e38 wheels. Lastly, what machine did the shop balacne the wheel and tire on? Hunter GSP9700 balancing machine work very well for street wheels/ties. You can look for a place that has a Hunter blancing machin here: http://www.gsp9700.com/. Good luck with finding the cause.

kesslerbmw
10-18-2007, 08:42 PM
Both poster's are correct.. Your wheels have nothing to do with it.. Balancing could be an issue.

Its hard to see the wheels in your sig pic.. Are you sure they are e38 wheels and not e39 wheels?