PDA

View Full Version : Wheel Spacers 101

Rusty Bavaria
10-17-2007, 07:54 PM
I have Borbet type 3 wheels on my car with Bridgestone Potenza 245/50/r16 tires on them. I purchased them used from a guy who was running them on an E39. They rotate just fine though when I turn the wheel more than half way either direction I hear rubbing from the opposite side that I'm turning towards.

I've had the tires off the car and there is no visable distress from the tires rubbing against the shock tower and just the dirt is rubbed off on the tower.

From what I've read on this board wheel spacers can cause front end shimmy, is there anything else that would be a negative running a small spacer on the front of the car?

3mm spacer should do the trick I think. I've found someone who sells a hubcentric version. The question is do I need longer lug bolts?

If I went with a 5mm spacer would I need longer lug bolts?

Thanks in Advance
Jim

Sam-Son
10-17-2007, 09:13 PM
Not sure look on bavauto.com under wheels and wheels spacers. then look at their 3mm and 5mm eibach spacers. normally the spacers come with the necesary bolts. if the 3mm and 5mm don't come with bolts then you can assume that you don't need nonstock ones....Kind of a roundabout way of getting an answer but w/e