PDA

View Full Version : OT: How Dumb?...

Omega
10-17-2007, 08:09 AM
Car hit by train on rail crossing. (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7048882.stm) Apparently she was lost and was on the phone asking for directions. I would love to have heard that conversation.

"Where am I? Well I don't surely know"
>"So Honey, describe your surroundings"
" Well there is a cute road to the left and right of the car. It must be real old as the edges are metal. It's so narrow it must be for horse and carts. It's also a bit bumpy.I can't see much infront of the car and behind me is a red and white metal pole with pretty lights on it. Oh, now they're flashing. "
>"Ok. Have you got your map in the car?"
"Yes, but I can't see it that well. Oh wait a moment I can see it real good now, there's a bright white light coming towards me."
"Describe the light"
"PARDON?? I CAN'T HEAR REAL GOOD AT THE MOMENT, THERES A HIGH PITCHED NOISE, IT SOUNDS A BIT LIKE A TRAIN WHISTLE..."

pundit
10-17-2007, 08:16 AM
I heard she came from Chattanooga.

632 Regal
10-17-2007, 02:24 PM
Darwins theory was in play until the officer interrupted.

Rus
10-17-2007, 08:21 PM
I always wish the best of luck to those participating in the natural selection process. :D What gets me is how there are documentaries on Discovery and TLC portraying these "horrific experiences" and capitalizing on how a train collides with a motor vehicle at a crossing every 100 or so minutes. Why are there still so many clinical idiots out there then? :(

ajt3nc
10-18-2007, 06:51 AM
A friend of mine, who was a bit slow on the uptake, drove into the side of a train at a crossing. Middle of the day, gates down, said he didn't see it.

Ross
10-18-2007, 07:30 AM
Every once in a while natural selection misses. She probably went home and conceived a new little idiot.

cary
10-18-2007, 09:58 AM
Actually if you listen to the video they say the driver originally thought she was pulling onto a side road, then realized they were tracks, but her car was stuck. Should she have figured it out with the crossing arms, yep, but she doesn't appear as stupid as it initially sounded.

whiskychaser
10-18-2007, 10:39 AM
Actually if you listen to the video they say the driver originally thought she was pulling onto a side road, then realized they were tracks, but her car was stuck. Should she have figured it out with the crossing arms, yep, but she doesn't appear as stupid as it initially sounded.
Probably just following sat nav