PDA

View Full Version : Fuel pump refuses to work! Please help

Snork
10-15-2007, 10:00 PM
After getting what im sure is the correct ecu for my car (9/92) and a wire harness from 95, I'm getting everything to work except the fuel pump. There is a spark in all the coils (except #3, i don't know what the deal is with that), and the engine cranks but after a few cranks it abruptly stops like it's being blocked by something. The fuel pump primed once after i double locked the car and then unlocked it, but then didn't prime in further attempts to start it. I'm really desperate here, the car has been sitting for over 2 weeks and has gone through 2 computers and I have no idea how to get it on the road again. If anyone has even a remote idea about any part of this, such as the two cranks and sudden stop problem, or the fuel pump which worked before I changed the harness, I would be very grateful.

whiskychaser
10-16-2007, 06:11 AM
After getting what im sure is the correct ecu for my car (9/92) and a wire harness from 95, I'm getting everything to work except the fuel pump. There is a spark in all the coils (except #3, i don't know what the deal is with that), and the engine cranks but after a few cranks it abruptly stops like it's being blocked by something. The fuel pump primed once after i double locked the car and then unlocked it, but then didn't prime in further attempts to start it. I'm really desperate here, the car has been sitting for over 2 weeks and has gone through 2 computers and I have no idea how to get it on the road again. If anyone has even a remote idea about any part of this, such as the two cranks and sudden stop problem, or the fuel pump which worked before I changed the harness, I would be very grateful.
Had a quick look at Bentleys. The 92 and 95 ECUs dont seem to have the same pinout so is the later harness compatible? Dont know what happens when the immobiliser kicks in on our cars, but had those symptoms on my son's car when I used the spare steel key instead of the coded one. Good luck with it