PDA

View Full Version : blower motor working only sometimes????

robert g
10-04-2007, 09:24 PM
I have a 1994 525i and the blower motor works when you slam the door shut.... I replaced the resisitor under the driverside kick panel. I tried looking for a sword but could not find one... Can anyone tell me if this year car has one... I know it stopped working in certain speeds and I replaced the resistor and it worked fine... It works in all speeds.... I have not tried the relay? do you think by slamming the the door the relay will make it work/??? I did see a piece under the glovebox that has 3 different color connectors blue, white and black. Is there anything else I can check. Thanks again....Robert

Milkboot
10-04-2007, 10:47 PM
http://www.bmwe34.net/e34main/maintenance/electrical/sword.htm

Podmore
10-08-2007, 12:52 AM
I have a 1994 525i and the blower motor works when you slam the door shut.... I replaced the resisitor under the driverside kick panel. I tried looking for a sword but could not find one... Can anyone tell me if this year car has one... I know it stopped working in certain speeds and I replaced the resistor and it worked fine... It works in all speeds.... I have not tried the relay? do you think by slamming the the door the relay will make it work/??? I did see a piece under the glovebox that has 3 different color connectors blue, white and black. Is there anything else I can check. Thanks again....Robert
To the best of my knowledge the sword was not used past about 1989/90. Your a/c is controlled by the blower resistor. Dunno about the relay, I'd look for a bad connection or a broken wire to the blower itself.

clhorton
10-08-2007, 01:34 AM
On my 535i I developed the same problem. In that case it was the blower motor itself that was bad and a sudden jarring would sometimes wake it up. I believe it would most likely be caused due to a bad blower motor. Hope this helps.