PDA

View Full Version : How many chimes?

whiskychaser
10-03-2007, 04:34 AM
More of a niggle than a problem. Get in the car, switch on the ignition and get the fasten seat belt warning. What bugs me is that I also get 4 chimes. Yes I can disconnect the 'bell' but I do like it to chime and draw my attention to having e.g. a bulb out. So my question is two-fold:
1. Can I get it to chime once only?
2. Can I add/change the messages?
Be cool if it said 'dont forget its her birthday' :)

Ferret
10-03-2007, 05:49 AM
Lol mine used to chime 1.5 times before it used to conk out totally :D

Swift kick usually sorted that out though.

Dave M
10-03-2007, 06:07 AM
Hmm, never thought about it until now, but I never get the fasten seat belt chime. Car isn't concerned about my safety? Maybe its a Canadian thing?

Dave

leicesterboy15
10-03-2007, 06:15 AM
I don't get the seatbelt warning either, it just doesn't care!

whiskychaser
10-03-2007, 06:56 AM
My owners handbook doesnt even mention the seatbelt warning. It does say:
'Lights on (M5) -Displayed at end of journey when driver's door is opened'
Mine does that. In fact it says 'Lights on?' Very polite. Perhaps it thinks its an M5?

uscharalph
10-03-2007, 04:07 PM
Funny, It's never really bothered me.

repenttokyo
10-03-2007, 04:39 PM
Hmm, never thought about it until now, but I never get the fasten seat belt chime. Car isn't concerned about my safety? Maybe its a Canadian thing?

Dave

i get one on my canadian car - it's pretty annoying.

Sam-Son
10-03-2007, 04:40 PM

Dave
No not just a canadian thing my car will let me drive around with no seat belt with the door wide open. I don't think it doesn't care I think it knows I'm the driver nd I know what i'm doing...but if I'm driving around at 80 mph with no seat belt and the door open maybe I don't

timandbim
10-03-2007, 04:51 PM
i think mine has been disconnected in the belt clasp itself by a PO. the cover is off and there is a wire that has been cut - i never get a warning... easy fix...

shogun
10-03-2007, 08:54 PM
No fasten seat belt sign and gong on my EU/Japan version.

mamilapon
10-04-2007, 02:38 AM
No fasten seat belt sign and gong on my EU/Japan version.
My 535is used to have a chime if I opened a door while driving, but this one doesn't!

Ferret
10-04-2007, 03:57 AM
I dont have the in-dash display on my TDs, but the old 525i used to have a go if your seatbelt wasnt fastened.

The new one has a lamp in the dash which only comes on for a few seconds regardless of whether you're wearing your seatbelt or not!

bmwrp8
10-04-2007, 10:26 AM
same here:( but i do get the "door open" msg. but not the "lights on?"

whiskychaser
10-04-2007, 11:30 AM
My 535is used to have a chime if I opened a door while driving, but this one doesn't!
Just out of interest, I tried to set off with the bonnet and bootlid up and the door open. Ok the courtesy light came on but not a peep otherwise. I also tried to be sneaky and fastened my belt before I switched on - no chimes!:) but it still told me to fasten my seatbelt:( .

g7syw
10-04-2007, 11:58 AM

Me neither - don't get a door open warning either, used to but now it just don't care if I don't put on my seatbelt, drive away with the door open and fall out.... Perhaps it just want's a new owner... :D

mikeythekidd
10-04-2007, 01:53 PM
4 times? Is that all? My '06 325i chimes 25 times! I counted.

RallyD
10-04-2007, 05:19 PM
ripped mine out the first week I had the car

whiskychaser
10-05-2007, 01:21 PM
Just out of interest, I tried to set off with the bonnet and bootlid up and the door open. Ok the courtesy light came on but not a peep otherwise. I also tried to be sneaky and fastened my belt before I switched on - no chimes!:) but it still told me to fasten my seatbelt:( .
Correction: It DOES warn if the door is open. You just have to be moving and not trying to cheat it. Both the bonnet and boot light wiring are u/s. Will see what happens when I have sorted them. And I thought the car was the dumb one:(

bmwrp8
10-05-2007, 05:02 PM
ripped mine out the first week I had the car

hahaha:D annoyed?

bmwrp8
10-05-2007, 05:05 PM
More of a niggle than a problem. Get in the car, switch on the ignition and get the fasten seat belt warning. What bugs me is that I also get 4 chimes. Yes I can disconnect the 'bell' but I do like it to chime and draw my attention to having e.g. a bulb out. So my question is two-fold:
1. Can I get it to chime once only?
2. Can I add/change the messages?
Be cool if it said 'dont forget its her birthday' :)

since you mentioned it, yeah it will be a cool feature to add or change the msg. in our CC display:) anyone know if this is possible and how??