PDA

View Full Version : random 535 thoughts from NZ

Paul in NZ
10-03-2007, 04:00 AM
Was driving along and for some reason my eye was drawn to the odometer,which read 229229!
Really enjoying the car lately.
Had not been running that well and had developed a clunk from the rh front.This turned out to be the ball joint,so new arm, joint and bushing,along with an inspection 1 has transformed my car back to the creature to which I have come accustomed.
Had the 535 for coming up 5 years now and travelled 83000 km...apart from regular servicing has cost me 6 tyres, 1 radiator, two thrust arms two extra thrust arm bushings on top of the arms ,a set of front discs ,pads and a distributor cap.
Current issues are a heater which every now and then goes hot on the drivers side,intermittent troubles unlocking from the deadlocked position,some broken wires on the boot hinge,and the drivers wiper is noisy as it goes on and off the windsheld trim.
Upcoming mods are the install of the CD43 and dice,along with some new speakers.
I must take some decent photos of the beast,and post em up for you guys to drool over!
On the other hand there is a 540is six speed that has me thinkin....

Zeuk in Oz
10-03-2007, 05:38 PM
Nice to hear you are still enjoying it Paul.

Have recently been getting used to the 525ix and like it more and more, however it is a completely different beast to my 525i. Its gearing and grip make for a different driving technique being reqired.

Got back into the 525i yesterday and felt immediately at home. For such an old and worn (seats, paint etc) car it is just magic to drive.

Decisions, decisions.......