PDA

View Full Version : Weep Hole Issue

gjmane36
10-02-2007, 10:02 PM
I recently within the last 30 days, had my water pump replaced because it started leaking from the pully. The replacement was OEM. The replacement is leaking from the weep hole. It only leaks after I have really pushed it hard. Is this an issue with the pump and should be replaced again or just something in the general design?

winfred
10-02-2007, 10:11 PM
id check for excessive cooling system pressure from maybe a blown head gasket

gjmane36
10-03-2007, 05:27 PM
Thanks. I did a little more checking. There was a bearing that went bad, and which had the fluid comming out of the weep hole. I am going to check the head gasket just to be through. I appreciate your feedback.

Thanks!

winfred
10-03-2007, 10:44 PM
well if the new pump crapped that soon with a bad bearing then it was just defective and the motor is probably fine

gjmane36
10-05-2007, 08:51 AM
Well, got the pump off, and the pully is tight. While turning the pully I could hear it squial. Ah ha!!! That were the dag gone squal was comming from! Replaced it and no more squal!!! Just a quite purrrrrr..... even at well dare I just say highway speeds... ;') I did check the tentioner and it is fine. No leaks from the gasket either.

gjmane36
10-05-2007, 08:55 AM
Well, got the pump off, and the pully is tight. While turning the pully I could hear it squial. Ah ha!!! That were the dag gone squal was comming from! Replaced it and no more squal!!! Just a quite purrrrrr..... even at, well dare I just say highway speeds... ;') I did check the tentioner and it is fine. No leaks from the gasket either.