PDA

View Full Version : Side intrusion bars

myles
10-02-2007, 04:14 PM
Hi folks

I'm wondering who of you have noticed if your E34s have side intrusion bars in the doors. In Australia its a requirement to have a steel bar built into each of the doors to strengthen them in the event of a side impact.

All the Aussie delivered E34s and E36s that I work on have side intrusion bars, but I've just bought a privately imported E34 that was originally delivered in the UK that has no bars.

So I was just curious to find out if any other countries had that requirement.

Interestingly the ETK has no separate part number listed for the doors on Aussie delivered cars.

bmwrp8
10-02-2007, 10:51 PM
Hi folks

I'm wondering who of you have noticed if your E34s have side intrusion bars in the doors. In Australia its a requirement to have a steel bar built into each of the doors to strengthen them in the event of a side impact.

All the Aussie delivered E34s and E36s that I work on have side intrusion bars, but I've just bought a privately imported E34 that was originally delivered in the UK that has no bars.

So I was just curious to find out if any other countries had that requirement.

Interestingly the ETK has no separate part number listed for the doors on Aussie delivered cars.

my e34 came from japan (import/auction) when i had my sidings fixed i saw i had no side impact beams. my e36 on the other hand which i bought locally here in the philippines has the beams.

colo525i
10-03-2007, 01:08 AM
US model cars have had them for quite some time. I believe they just welded in the pipe at the factory depending on destination, can't take all that long.