PDA

View Full Version : blower motor

robert g
10-01-2007, 08:36 PM
My blower motor works only when you slam the front passenger door. I replaced the ressistor and that didnt help. has anyone had this problem in the past and can help? Can it be a loose wire or maybe a bad motor. Any help would be great. I am going to go outside and hit the blower motor with a sledge hammer and see if that helps. Just kidding..... I will go tapp it with something.... thanks for the help in advance......

robert g
10-01-2007, 09:07 PM
So if anyone has any ideas on what might be causing this problem let me know. I thought maybe the brushes on the motor are worn out???? Like I said shut the door several times and it works. The motor works on all speeds and doesn't hesitate starts right up..... thanks again.

gale
10-01-2007, 09:16 PM
Same symptoms as mine, turned out it was the sword:

http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showpost.php?p=19257&postcount=1

Not sure if yours has a sword. Similar cold solder joint on the resistor pack?

Jehu
10-01-2007, 10:02 PM
My blower motor works only when you slam the front passenger door. I replaced the ressistor and that didnt help. has anyone had this problem in the past and can help? Can it be a loose wire or maybe a bad motor. Any help would be great. I am going to go outside and hit the blower motor with a sledge hammer and see if that helps. Just kidding..... I will go tapp it with something.... thanks for the help in advance......

The easiest thing and the solution for my Intermittant blower was THE RELAY! get a new one from a dealer ,like $11.00, its yellow on mine