PDA

View Full Version : M50 belt replacement

repenttokyo
10-01-2007, 06:04 PM
So my M50 has 2 belts- the main one and the AC one. My ac is currently non-functional, and I would like to replace my main belt. Can I just ignore the AC belt or does it serve some other function as well?

repenttokyo
10-01-2007, 06:07 PM
follow up question - can I remove the AC belt with no ill effects?

DaveVoorhis
10-01-2007, 06:11 PM
You can remove the AC belt with no ill effects.

repenttokyo
10-01-2007, 06:22 PM
perfect. somewhat stupid followup question: with no belt, does this increase my chances of the ac pulley or any component of the AC binding over the course of the winter?

Dave M
10-01-2007, 07:31 PM
perfect. somewhat stupid followup question: with no belt, does this increase my chances of the ac pulley or any component of the AC binding over the course of the winter?

Given the amount of salt that gets dumped on eastern Canadian roads, it likely increases the chances of things rusting. Is your AC system empty? Are you planning on deleting it? If either answer is yes, I would consider removing the compreser and anything else.

I've had my deleted for two years and don't miss it a bit. Mind you, I'm in Thunder Bay ;)

Dave

repenttokyo
10-01-2007, 08:20 PM
i converted to 134a this summer but a seized ac fan and a leaky condensor = no ac. i am optimistic about maybe one day installing it in the future, so I am not sure I want to delete it quite yet :(