PDA

View Full Version : eat chip, now CEL

MaloventEvil
09-29-2007, 08:35 PM
i installed the EAT chip, and now i'm getting a CEL. 1211 which e34.net tells me is "1211 DME Control Unit". Does the 540 eat chip throw this cel? is this normal?

the car runs fine, but i got a cel after a few minutes of driving, so i came home at low rpm.

edit: the engine performs fine, though i haven't been above 3000rpm. i called mark, no response. additionally, i tried swapping the stock chip back in and there was no cel, and then i reswapped in the EAT chip and the CEL was back.

thanks!
-Aurash

winfred
09-29-2007, 09:36 PM
give mark a little time as he's usually busy and will get back to you when he gets your message, a check engine light is not normal

MaloventEvil
09-30-2007, 05:43 AM
give mark a little time as he's usually busy and will get back to you when he gets your message, a check engine light is not normal

the car appears to run great; i think the problem is EWS related.

MarkD
09-30-2007, 05:15 PM
i installed the EAT chip, and now i'm getting a CEL. 1211 which e34.net tells me is "1211 DME Control Unit". Does the 540 eat chip throw this cel? is this normal?

the car runs fine, but i got a cel after a few minutes of driving, so i came home at low rpm.

edit: the engine performs fine, though i haven't been above 3000rpm. i called mark, no response. additionally, i tried swapping the stock chip back in and there was no cel, and then i reswapped in the EAT chip and the CEL was back.

thanks!
-Aurash

Hi Aurash,

I am not in my office, I am still in Vancouver till late Tuesday. I'll have to sort this out when I get home. I may need to read your stock chip.

Mark

MaloventEvil
09-30-2007, 09:19 PM
Hi Aurash,

I am not in my office, I am still in Vancouver till late Tuesday. I'll have to sort this out when I get home. I may need to read your stock chip.

Mark

hi mark! will it be safe to drive around with the new chip in? is this all just an ews or checksum problem?

thanks again!

632 Regal
10-01-2007, 12:33 AM
you are safe, one prototype chip did that for me also, just a lean condition due to advanced timing, Mark will be able to whip up a cure to it hopefully soon.

hi mark! will it be safe to drive around with the new chip in? is this all just an ews or checksum problem?

thanks again!

ThoreauHD
10-01-2007, 12:41 AM
I would try disconnecting/reconnecting the battery with the new chip in, but that's just me. Or else it could just be a bad firmware flash on the chip.

632 Regal
10-01-2007, 12:50 AM
the reboot might help but im sure it rebooted when he removed the DME. Another thing that comes to mind is leaky intake, TB gaskets...
I would try disconnecting/reconnecting the battery with the new chip in, but that's just me. Or else it could just be a bad firmware flash on the chip.