PDA

View Full Version : Remember Angrypancake?

Macv
09-27-2007, 11:46 AM
Yeah... he's still signing on over at bf.c

check it out.

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=839071

Ferret
09-27-2007, 11:57 AM
I was wondering where he'd gone... doesnt he still like owe a load of people parts and/or monies?

ber55ber55
09-27-2007, 12:22 PM
yeah, what about Evan too...hes got $300 of my dollars...and i still dont gots no door panels

Barney Paull-Edwards
09-27-2007, 12:39 PM
Evan came up trumps for me, got me hub-centric rings so I think its an admin error if he`s late.I`me still trying to get $ to send for short-shift, not easy in Biscay.

ber55ber55
09-27-2007, 12:59 PM
Evan came up trumps for me, got me hub-centric rings so I think its an admin error if he`s late.I`me still trying to get $ to send for short-shift, not easy in Biscay.
i dunno, hes has my money since the 28th of last month, and every week hes got another excuse for not sending them to me. So i had to open a dispute through paypal to save my own ass. By the way, this is the second time im going through this with him. Last time he sent me the money back. I dunno, hes a nice guy, but i dont like doing business with him.

BigKriss
09-27-2007, 01:04 PM
thats ****ed. I remember that, he posted on here for quite a while and then screwed a few people over. why would anybody do that, especially on here?

DanDombrowski
09-27-2007, 01:14 PM
I dealt with him once. It took him awhile to send the stuff, but not terribly long like some people are dealing with. When I dealt with him, I added him to my AIM list.

After all the **** hit the fan with him going missing and taking people's money, he was never on AIM. A month or two ago, I started seeing him come on, and he's on regularly now. I sort of wanted to know what happened, but figured that if he were back, people would have sorted stuff out with him by now.

Dave M
09-27-2007, 01:47 PM
I dealt with him once. It took him awhile to send the stuff, but not terribly long like some people are dealing with. When I dealt with him, I added him to my AIM list.

After all the **** hit the fan with him going missing and taking people's money, he was never on AIM. A month or two ago, I started seeing him come on, and he's on regularly now. I sort of wanted to know what happened, but figured that if he were back, people would have sorted stuff out with him by now.

No, nothing is sorted out, but I'll go try now that I know he's alive

Dave M
09-27-2007, 01:49 PM
i dunno, hes has my money since the 28th of last month, and every week hes got another excuse for not sending them to me. So i had to open a dispute through paypal to save my own ass. By the way, this is the second time im going through this with him. Last time he sent me the money back. I dunno, hes a nice guy, but i dont like doing business with him.

Oh dude, wish you had read the boatload of crap written about his business practices. I hope you see your stuff/$$, but if he's taken this long, I don't have too much faith.

Antrieb
09-27-2007, 04:15 PM
Hey guys, I posted this on the other forum.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and call someone out. I don't usually do this or care so much, so if I'm wrong I'm sorry .

As a few of you may know, angrypancake won the Miller MAF competition early this past summer.
Here is the thread. 2nd page 28th post. http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...contest&page=2
This was after he screwed members out of thousands of $ mind you.

As you can see in my previous post (on bf.c) of this thread, Angry is viewing Nikosk's for sale thread of his "friends" MAF.
Nikosk has Angry in his profile so one can only assume they are "friends". See where I'm going?

*speculation*
-Niksok is selling Angry's MAF for him since Angry won't dare show his face or post on this board.

-Angry is viewing the page to check up on the replies.

Macv
09-27-2007, 04:24 PM
Are we sure Niksok isnt angry? If so I'll be pissed, cause I met him a couple weeks ago.

Antrieb
09-27-2007, 04:37 PM
Are we sure Niksok isnt angry? If so I'll be pissed, cause I met him a couple weeks ago.
I'm 100% positive his name is Nathaniel Moore and he lives in Newburgh NY and goes to Columbia University in NY(NJ?)

Macv
09-27-2007, 04:40 PM
oh ok.

ryan roopnarine
09-27-2007, 04:41 PM
for fcuk's sake....if someone wants to resell something like that, why not just use a proxy to make up a new login and to check the status of things? that would make me suspicious of it being him......people that perpetrate stuff like (this) always screw up (like this).

attack eagle
09-28-2007, 02:05 AM
yeah miller never got any of the PR or real world testimonial they wanted from the free MAF, becasue Angry disappeared.
they were able to contact him to send it, while everyone one else was unable to contct him to find out where their stuff was...
Wonder why.

Macv
09-28-2007, 08:15 AM
....he's a dick.

Ferret
09-28-2007, 11:45 AM
....he's a dick.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a190/Ferret101/Humour/Downhill.jpg

Tiger
09-28-2007, 01:01 PM
quick search on columbia.edu... nlm2104@columbia.edu

Mmm... I wonderd if he just needed money to pay for his tuition... $48,000 a year!

repenttokyo
09-28-2007, 01:12 PM
that's insane. totally insane price for tuition.

RockJock
09-28-2007, 01:21 PM
cuz he's probably a fine art or humanities major at columbia and doesn't know what a proxy is ;) .....

ThoreauHD
09-28-2007, 01:40 PM
Remember that Columbia has to keep tuition high so they can invite Islamic dictators to preach of the joys of jew-killing and the evils of American freedom. I'm sorry about you guys getting ripped off, and just to let you know, if I sell anything to anybody I make sure they get what they asked for- or else they ain't buyin. I've never met any of you guys, and probably never will, but I wasn't put here to screw over anyone. Least of all people that help each other freely.

Selling parts is nickle n dime ****. Only a student/crackhead would think 1-2K is enough money to ruin your reputation. My condolences fellas.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y106/toasty0z/joda.jpg

Tiger
09-28-2007, 04:10 PM
Close... History Major... according to Columbia U.

E34 530
09-28-2007, 05:45 PM
Close... History Major... according to Columbia U.

yo, I would be eternally grateful if you can somehow find me his home phone number.

Macv
09-28-2007, 07:40 PM
Record the message when you call him ;) I'd love to hear the verbal abuse.

Dave M
09-29-2007, 06:59 PM
Someone has here or on bimmerboard has his #. I had it and after getting no love, tossed it. Interesting that this topis has revived. The bimmeroard crowd is hot on the case and Antrieb has ben very helpfull with facts. I would personally add my name to a formal list of the 'f'cked over' if someone on either board would initiate something with the local authorities. I wouldn't know where to start sitting here in snowy Thunder Bay.

Dave

Dave M
09-29-2007, 07:04 PM
If you've been screwed by Nat, or are simply interested in the drama, see the Official Where Is Nat Post (http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=839071) on 'the other board'.

Good for somefing,

Dave

632 Regal
09-29-2007, 08:56 PM
freakin crack heads, this country
is breeding that kind so no expense is incurred. I actually thought there was some excuse for what was happening with him but I now see otherwise. Very disappointing...

Dave M
10-01-2007, 01:46 PM
FWIW, I submitted a report via complaint.ic3.gov. A portion of the report is as follows. I believe we would get much more attention if a number of folks did the same. It only takes a few minutes. If someone knows a better way to make a collective effort in order to bust some balls, please let us know.

Does anyone have more personal info on Nat? Can someone get his IP addresws or phone #. If possible, I'll post this on bimmerforums today.

Agreed to purchase a bmw car part via an online bmw forum. The part in question is commonly known as a DME, ECU, engine control unit or engine computer. The unit controls engine function.

The individual was/is a well known member of the on-line forum (www.bimmer.info and www.bimmerforums.com). I sent the funds ($90 U.S.)via PayPal on Jan 11th (PayPal ID #1HK00254PF7449543).

Approximately two weeks following payment, I sent a number of e-mail messages as I hadn't received the part. The first few were replied to with the excuse that the part would be sent 'shortly'. Nathaniel stated that he was busy moving back to his residence at a College in New York State. Nathaniel obviously know the period within which a PayPal complaint could be submitted as he quit replying to e-mail and phone messages after the period expired. Unfortunately, I have misplaced his phone #.

It is important to note that many other individuals have been 'victimized' by Nathaniel (see website links below). An collective effort may be made in the near future to report on all possible 'bad transactions' involving Nathaniel Moore. Inevitabley, the information available on Nathaniel will increase with additional involvement. The total amount of money involved will definitely be in the thousands of dollars.

dacoyote
10-02-2007, 10:20 AM
Let me look and see if I have any contact info for him tonight...

Macv
10-02-2007, 01:03 PM
Who's angrypancake?

pundit
10-02-2007, 03:59 PM
Who's angrypancake?
He's feistyflapjack's brother! ;)

pingu
10-02-2007, 05:21 PM
That's a brilliant gag!

mattyb
10-02-2007, 07:01 PM
cranky crepes cousin

Macv
10-02-2007, 09:43 PM
oh no... i started that again.

Ferret
10-03-2007, 01:12 AM
Angrypoptarts husband!

dacoyote
10-03-2007, 07:47 AM
Who's angrypancake?

Who is Jeff....

Macv
10-03-2007, 09:13 AM
Winfred?

Tiger
10-03-2007, 01:47 PM
http://www.peoplefinders.com/summary.asp?ln=moore&fn=nathaniel&mn=&city=newburgh&state=NY&age=&Month=&Day=&Year=&x=0&y=0

No phone number, but you will get the names of dad and mom and grandpa... and then try to crossreference telephone number to those names.

Dave M
10-03-2007, 08:19 PM
http://www.peoplefinders.com/summary.asp?ln=moore&fn=nathaniel&mn=&city=newburgh&state=NY&age=&Month=&Day=&Year=&x=0&y=0

No phone number, but you will get the names of dad and mom and grandpa... and then try to crossreference telephone number to those names.

Hey, thanks Tiger. I keep everyone posted if something comes of it :D

Dave

Dave M
10-04-2007, 08:23 AM
Coincidence?????????

Opened my hotmail account this morning to find an email with the following announcement.

Dear Dave MacIsaac,

nathaniel moore just sent you money with PayPal.

Funds have been returned in full :D A note on bimmerforums from another member implied that Nat was 'planing' on returning all the money he 'borrowed. Whether its true or not, this squeaky wheel finally got some KY.

FWIW, I recommend filing the same complaint I did. Who Knows, it may have been the proverbial straw.

Dave M

ryan roopnarine
10-04-2007, 08:29 AM
it would appear that teh industry canada attempted to garnish mr. moore's canadian maple syrup holdings, then! good for you.

Dave M
10-04-2007, 08:32 AM
Exacty what happened. Its hard tapping all those trees.

Tiger
10-04-2007, 08:32 AM
Maybe it might be a Ponzi scheme... Other poor sap to pay you off...

Dave M
10-04-2007, 08:41 AM
Maybe it might be a Ponzi scheme... Other poor sap to pay you off...

Hmmmmmm, new to me:

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A Ponzi scheme is a fraudulent investment operation that involves paying abnormally high returns ("profits") to investors out of the money paid in by subsequent investors, rather than from net revenues generated by any real business. It is named after Charles Ponzi.

Hypothetical example

A mugshot of Charles PonziAn advertisement is placed promising extraordinary returns on an investment – for example 20% for a 30 day contract. The precise mechanism for this incredible return can be attributed to anything that sounds good but is not specific: "global currency arbitrage", "hedge futures trading", "High Yield Investment Programs" or something similar.

With no proven track record for the investors, only a few investors are tempted, usually for smaller sums. Sure enough, 30 days later, the investor receives the original capital plus the 20% return. At this point, the investor will have more incentive to put in additional money, and, as word begins to spread, other investors grab the "opportunity" to participate. More and more people invest, and see their investments return the promised large returns.

The reality of the scheme is that the "return" to the initial investors is being paid out of the new, incoming investment money, not out of profits. There is no "global currency arbitrage", "hedge futures trading", or "high yield investment program" actually taking place. Instead, when investor D puts in money, that money becomes available to pay out "profits" to investors A, B, and C. When investors X, Y, and Z put in money, that money is available to pay "profits" to investors A through W.

ArtemLepilov
10-04-2007, 11:58 AM
temporarily deleted.

Atl530i
10-04-2007, 09:35 PM
I'm glad I did not do business with him. I almost did. Damn...

clevertd
10-07-2007, 02:04 AM
http://millerperformancecars.com/latest-news/535-success-story.html

Ok, just read that. His real name is Nathaniel Moore and I distinctly remember his red 535 being an automatic. The article mentions automatic and is signed with the name Nat at the end. He was the winner of the MAF give away.

Mr Project
10-07-2007, 07:38 AM
Yeah, losing the MAF giveaway to him was a little frustrating given the things he did to people here and at bf.c.

ArtemLepilov
10-07-2007, 12:46 PM
What things? what the hell with it with everyone blowing **** out of proportion??

He took $160 from 2 people and didnt ship the parts (due to some unfortunate circumstances as he didnt have the parts anymore - and no, he didnt sell them elsewhere!), and couldnt refund the money because he was broke. THAT WAS ALMOST A YEAR AGO

I knew that stuff from way back when and I know for a fact it was only 2 people and $160 that he didnt ship the parts for.

For whatever reason everyone just started being all "righteous" and accusing him of ****. How about - if you dont know the facts, or if you personally wasnt "robbed" you dont say anything, huh?

On bf.c i saw a post that said he took money from over 20 people - seriously, what the hell?? Get your facts straight

Dave M
10-07-2007, 01:26 PM
What things? what the hell with it with everyone blowing **** out of proportion??

He took $160 from 2 people and didnt ship the parts (due to some unfortunate circumstances as he didnt have the parts anymore - and no, he didnt sell them elsewhere!), and couldnt refund the money because he was broke. THAT WAS ALMOST A YEAR AGO

I knew that stuff from way back when and I know for a fact it was only 2 people and $160 that he didnt ship the parts for.

For whatever reason everyone just started being all "righteous" and accusing him of ****. How about - if you dont know the facts, or if you personally wasnt "robbed" you dont say anything, huh?

On bf.c i saw a post that said he took money from over 20 people - seriously, what the hell?? Get your facts straight

Well, if we're still talking about it.............

Here is a an old thread (http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=31194&page=6) I started when I was trying to find him. There are 4 of us in this thread claiming to have lost $$. I don't think there are many more at bf.c claiming the same. So yes, you're correct, he didn't take $$ from 20 people, and there was definitely a witch hunt happening. Its unfortunate, but these placs can serve as broken telephones. However, as it did take him ALMOST A YEAR to return my funds, you can't be too surprised that folks respond tis way.

I would like to reiterate, as late as it is, I appreciate Nat returing my $$. He did the right thing and I hope it continues.

Dave

ryan roopnarine
10-07-2007, 05:31 PM
i don't see how one would have to be robbed by the gentleman to have something to say about the situation. i had saved up about 300$ that i was about to send to him for parts that he said he was willing to sell (for certain prices) when the story came to light. i'm certain that such is the case for many other people, too.