PDA

View Full Version : Need transmission program module

Incantation
09-24-2007, 11:18 PM
hey guys,

ok so .. having had my tranny rebuilt last year by the best shop in my city.. and having repeated problems thereafter (all of which were followed by the car returning to the shop and looked over - these guys are reputable and i have had work done by them before) i am thinking that the problem from my tranny might have to do with the transmission computer - i know that this is remote but after all the troubleshooting i have done i really can't think of any other possibility. i know the LKM contact points degrade over time.. maybe this will happen with the tranny computer?

so.. i was wondering if anyone out there might have a tranny module i can borrow for a 1990 535 AUTOMATIC .. i can paypal you a deposit of whatever you want, mark it however you want, and if that's the problem i will buy it from you or send it back and try to source another one. i just need to plug a different module in to see if that is my problem.. so if anyone is able to help me out here name your price..

thanks.

inc

Bin_jammin
09-24-2007, 11:33 PM
hey guys,

ok so .. having had my tranny rebuilt last year by the best shop in my city.. and having repeated problems thereafter (all of which were followed by the car returning to the shop and looked over - these guys are reputable and i have had work done by them before) i am thinking that the problem from my tranny might have to do with the transmission computer - i know that this is remote but after all the troubleshooting i have done i really can't think of any other possibility. i know the LKM contact points degrade over time.. maybe this will happen with the tranny computer?

so.. i was wondering if anyone out there might have a tranny module i can borrow for a 1990 535 AUTOMATIC .. i can paypal you a deposit of whatever you want, mark it however you want, and if that's the problem i will buy it from you or send it back and try to source another one. i just need to plug a different module in to see if that is my problem.. so if anyone is able to help me out here name your price..

thanks.

inc

Got a pic of what it looks like? I *may* have one, I'll need to ID it by sight though. Also, what are your symptoms?

shogun
09-24-2007, 11:51 PM
Better tell him the Bosch part number and the BMW part number on that module.

Incantation
09-26-2007, 09:35 AM
well the car is on the other side of the country at my folks' i will have to get pops to tell me. the module itself is in the lower front kick panel right?