PDA

View Full Version : RHD Mircrofilter change... PITA

t.wak
09-23-2007, 11:15 PM
Hi everyone

I'm trying to change my Microfilter on my RHD 525i... I've managed to get the old one out after getting a bit rough, and now it's time to put the new one in... BUT; there's no way in hell that I'm going to be able to fit the filter in since the steering mechanism is in the way so the filter cannot reach high enough to get in the hole.

The old filter was the one that can split in two parts and the new one cannot; do I need a new filter??

Cheers

Aden

t.wak
09-23-2007, 11:27 PM
Oh, and would it be overly bad if I don't have a filter in there until the new one arrives or should I try to clean the old one a bit and put it back in?

shogun
09-24-2007, 12:07 AM
here for RHD
http://www.the7seriesregister.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=1191

t.wak
09-24-2007, 12:25 AM
That's a great writeup for us with RHD cars... So pretty much I bought the wrong part (doh!).

Ferret
09-24-2007, 01:39 AM
That's a great writeup for us with RHD cars... So pretty much I bought the wrong part (doh!).

I cleaned the microfilter on my tourer recently, even the split ones are a complete pain in the arse to refit to these cars. Doesnt help you have to lie with your ribcage on the drivers sil to do most of it, gets painful after a while!

It /does/ make one hell of a difference to air movement though...

t.wak
09-24-2007, 01:42 AM
I'm running without the filter atm until the new one arrives and the airflow is better, but you can tell the air isn't as clean!

Ferret
09-24-2007, 02:27 AM
I'm running without the filter atm until the new one arrives and the airflow is better, but you can tell the air isn't as clean!

Lol, it'll be blowing through all the crap that you've disturbed by pulling the filter :D

t.wak
09-24-2007, 04:50 AM
Sure did! First time I turned it on I put it on 4, and the amount of crap that came flying out!!! Gotta clean the interior now.

Barney Paull-Edwards
09-24-2007, 02:14 PM
After the second one you should be able to do it in about 5 minutes, I left it out in Italy and had to clean my glasses every hour!