PDA

View Full Version : Judder/Loss of power

e34.535i.sport
09-23-2007, 08:16 AM
Hey guys, posting for a friend who's registered but not verified yet so he can't post a thread yet... Here's the problem...

I have an E36 320i, 92 reg and when I put my foot down at the low end of a gear, I seem to be getting a loss of power and the car judders rather than accelerating. This seem to happen if I try to floor it from below 15 in second gear or below 20 in third gear. (It's not labouring the engine, feels different) Doesn't seem to matter if the engine is hot or cold. When this happens, there is a banging noise from underneath the car, although it is hard to pin point exactly where from (think front). It sounds like a release of air/pressure.

Recently had the back box on the exhaust changed, but have been back to them and they say it's not blowing. They checked rest of exhaust while there and didn't find anything amiss.

Cheers, any help is greatly appreciated.

bmwrp8
09-25-2007, 10:13 AM
asc? if it has 1

e34.535i.sport
09-26-2007, 03:51 PM
asc? if it has 1

No, not that sort of thing and i don't think it has traction...

artguy
10-04-2007, 07:39 PM
I seem to be getting a loss of power and the car judders rather than accelerating.

This may be way off base, but a friend of mine had something similar on a 318i. He had the judder and loss of power but no under enging noise though. He found cracks in his ignition wires. Ordered a new set and seemed to take the power loss away.