PDA

View Full Version : Is this hard-core modder serious?

genphreak
09-23-2007, 12:20 AM
He's another one of the throng trying to sell his M318 on ebay

Its pretty hard-core, jic anyone feels it beyond them to attain this level of perfection in their present vehicle and would need to buy something this 'well developed', here's the eBay link:
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/BMW-318is_W0QQitemZ220150365061QQihZ012QQcategoryZ1353 08QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Here's an excerpt to whet your apetetite;
http://i12.ebayimg.com/02/i/000/b2/fd/aae8_3.JPG

Maybe it is owned by a hair-dresser? I've heard of packetised, light-up performance stick-ons, but this is taking the concept a bit far... The ghetto roll of plastic sheet would fool the cops for sure!! The pressure in the airbox would be enough to deliver many horses to the rear wheels so you probably wouldn't ever be meeting them anyhow...

With all the trouble involved in doing and tuning this kind of improvement to a BMW, this'd be a worth it just for the motor alone...

BigKriss
09-23-2007, 12:29 AM
yeah, seems weird Nick. I can't work out were that blower is going to?

In his description he says

Had service year ago probably needs to do again could also need a new fan clutch for cooling

* Has a electirc cooling fan

so why would you need a fan clutch when the cooling fan is electric?

genphreak
09-23-2007, 01:32 AM
Heh, I'm trying to believe that is not an effort to force-feed the airbox with a fan-blower... but somehow doubt it isn't... :D

pingu
09-23-2007, 05:20 AM
Are cars really that expensive down under? Here that would be lucky to fetch £1000 to £1,500 but he's asking for AU$12,000 which is about £5,200!

genphreak
09-23-2007, 06:49 AM
Are cars really that expensive down under? Here that would be lucky to fetch £1000 to £1,500 but he's asking for AU$12,000 which is about £5,200!Yep. BMWs are. Thing is, they don't get banged up like they do in Europe, and we have no salt on the roads either. People tend to look after them- the average age of a car in Oz is almost 12 years. It is dropping of course, no-one makes money unless we can 'consume' more of them faster... mine is almost 20 years old, and if I were to get a good paint job and fix a handful of things carefully, she'd be in almost showroom condition on top. Underneath she'd look like a 1 year old English car.

But crumbs, she sure costs... imagne running a 535i around europe at 12L/100km.

winfred
09-23-2007, 07:41 AM
"de flinted interior " http://members.cox.net/wdixon27/lol.gif

leicesterboy15
09-24-2007, 04:11 PM
WTF, is this for real?!

*resetting the oil change light can be explainded
- always a good sign when buying a car

*Seat covers in top condion
- Thank god for that (and they really are covers!)

He must be proud of that mod seeing as he's put a picture up, and anyway it must work cos hes doing 200km/h in one of the pics:D :D

GJPinAU
09-24-2007, 05:40 PM
WTF, is this for real?!

He must be proud of that mod seeing as he's put a picture up, and anyway it must work cos hes doing 200km/h in one of the pics:D :D

Yep just goes to show you any illiterate bastard can get a licence to drive in this great land.
Wonder what he does when he comes to a stop sign?
He's probably getting rid of it to put money into buying a Commodore

rob101
09-24-2007, 09:08 PM
He's probably getting rid of it to put money into buying a Commodore
hmmmm reminds me of somebody else http://www.bimmer.info/forum/member.php?u=5448
yeah well good bye to this hardcore modder, he can go ruin some other car company's good work.

Sam-Son
09-24-2007, 09:13 PM
Nice I've been looking for some cheap HP

henryw525i
09-25-2007, 06:20 AM
WTF, is this for real?!

I'll buy the car just for the explaindedation about the oil change light...would be wurth it

Ferret
09-25-2007, 06:37 AM
I have a suspicion that's supposed to be a radiator cooling fan... I wonder if someone de-fanned it to get a few extra mpg?

Robin-535im
09-25-2007, 10:10 AM
"de flinted interior "

Is there some sort of flint problem in Australian cars? Like if you rub two parts of the interior together you get a fire?

Or maybe he meant "de-linted", like he got one of those lint shavers for sweaters and shaved off all the lint in the car?

Ferret
09-25-2007, 10:24 AM
Is there some sort of flint problem in Australian cars? Like if you rub two parts of the interior together you get a fire?

Or maybe he meant "de-linted", like he got one of those lint shavers for sweaters and shaved off all the lint in the car?

Haha, shuffle on the seat and die in an explosion!