PDA

View Full Version : Sorta OT....Youll never guess where I found it...

indierthanthou
09-22-2007, 07:41 PM
Ok so I was putting my airbox back in after trying to see how my ac drier was attached for when i replace it (dont get me started.) and I dropped one of the rubber bushing things from the bottom of it, fell down onto the rock shield that goes under the engine. I take the sheld off to find the bushing, and i see..... A 4 CELL MAGLIGHT! How it got down there is beyond me. So, my question is....
Does anyone know how to remove batteries that have been corroded into place inside a maglight?

Jehu
09-22-2007, 07:48 PM
Ok so I was putting my airbox back in after trying to see how my ac drier was attached for when i replace it (dont get me started.) and I dropped one of the rubber bushing things from the bottom of it, fell down onto the rock shield that goes under the engine. I take the sheld off to find the bushing, and i see..... A 4 CELL MAGLIGHT! How it got down there is beyond me. So, my question is....
Does anyone know how to remove batteries that have been corroded into place inside a maglight?

Those things are everywhere. I was driving along one night and as i come over a hill i see a car exiting a side street in front of me and what comes flying off the roof? A 6 cell maglight... i use it to this day..

525SEI BRIT
09-22-2007, 07:48 PM

Drill!?!?!?.....

indierthanthou
09-22-2007, 07:49 PM
thats what i was thinking, but these are d (or c, cant remember) cell batteries, like 1 1/4 inch across. i no has drill that big

winfred
09-22-2007, 07:56 PM
soak it with some good penetrating oil, and maybe a baking soda solution if the batteries have been leaking, the cool thing about mag's is they can be rebuilt if you can find the parts (they make a kit to rebuild the switch and replace the o-rings but you gotta find someone who has it)

BFEINZIMER
09-22-2007, 11:09 PM
how do you take that thing off i think i dropped some **** into that rock sheild also????

indierthanthou
09-23-2007, 09:20 AM
if you go underneath the car youll see 4 (mine only had 2, dang PO) plastic 10mm nuts (i think they are 10mm) remove them and it should drop right off.

How did you manage to get your odometer to read that? Thats awesome

g7syw
09-23-2007, 10:12 AM
How did you manage to get your odometer to read that? Thats awesome
I expect it may not be quite what it appears, paint shop pro or photoshop can do wonderful things to images ....

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z6/g7syw/BMWSPEDO.jpg

See what I mean. :D

Macv
09-23-2007, 11:27 AM
you could easily just ... reset at 149465 then keep driving