PDA

View Full Version : Is it just my car?

e34.535i.sport
09-21-2007, 04:04 PM
I've had the 535 for six months now, and for the first two months or so everything was perfect. However now at 152k miles the car seems to be falling apart around me and its really getting me down. Is this around the time that things should start to need replacing, as i think a lot of the things i'm changing out are the originals? So far i've replaced: rear subframe bushes, fuel pipe, control arms, thrust arms, rear pitman arms, rear stabilizer links, front stabilizer links, tie rod assemblies, front & rear discs and pads, changed coolant hose (+full coolant flush) and the obvious service parts (sparks/oil/filters/fuel filter). All this in just a few months and i've still got problems!!!! It's just one thing after another, always at the most inconvenient moment possible. I'm loving my car less than i should be at the moment, even thought about changing it today, which isn't good because this really is my dream car and i wouldn't want anything else!

Anyone else had issues around this age and what should i look forward to?

Bin_jammin
09-21-2007, 05:08 PM
I've had the 535 for six months now, and for the first two months or so everything was perfect. However now at 152k miles the car seems to be falling apart around me and its really getting me down. Is this around the time that things should start to need replacing, as i think a lot of the things i'm changing out are the originals? So far i've replaced: rear subframe bushes, fuel pipe, control arms, thrust arms, rear pitman arms, rear stabilizer links, front stabilizer links, tie rod assemblies, front & rear discs and pads, changed coolant hose (+full coolant flush) and the obvious service parts (sparks/oil/filters/fuel filter). All this in just a few months and i've still got problems!!!! It's just one thing after another, always at the most inconvenient moment possible. I'm loving my car less than i should be at the moment, even thought about changing it today, which isn't good because this really is my dream car and i wouldn't want anything else!

Anyone else had issues around this age and what should i look forward to?

What? Your 17 year old 150+ thouand mile car needs work? ;) I've got almost all the same issues, plus an extra 80k on the clock. Don't feel bad, it's common for a car that old with that many miles to need that much work.

icesoft
09-21-2007, 05:23 PM
I just did all that work also, along with a bunch of other stuff.... I think I've finally caught up all of the maintenance that the PO neglected to do. I haven't been to the parts counter in over 3 months, I'm going through withdrawal... Good thing I'm about out of oil filters...

e34.535i.sport
09-21-2007, 05:55 PM
What? Your 17 year old 150+ thouand mile car needs work? ;) I've got almost all the same issues, plus an extra 80k on the clock. Don't feel bad, it's common for a car that old with that many miles to need that much work.

Work! I feel like its a full time job at the moment!!! Hopefully things will settle down soon... hopefully... ;)

e34.535i.sport
09-21-2007, 05:58 PM
I just did all that work also, along with a bunch of other stuff.... I think I've finally caught up all of the maintenance that the PO neglected to do. I haven't been to the parts counter in over 3 months, I'm going through withdrawal... Good thing I'm about out of oil filters...

Ha ha ha, i know what you mean, fixing the thing feels so good once its done! Just driving round with a bad shimmy, wheel wobble and never ending terrible knocking noises wears you down after a while! I'll keep hoping for a breather soon then ay?! :p