PDA

View Full Version : wow I'm an idiot...

taseal
09-21-2007, 11:32 AM
so I started her up today and the ANTI LOCK light came on... I was about to leave my parking spot, so I put the reverse and getting ready to go. and I'm like, hold on... let me restart the car and see if the light goes away... I shut the car off, and she won't start! i'm fiddling for like 20 mins tryng to start the car, trying to get the starter manuall started etc and I finally give up. I was about to call a friend to come get me, and I see the car is still in reverse!!!!!! I put it in park, and she starts right up....

how stupid can I feel...

after this, I go to the diving store to RMA my defect dive computer, and instead of giving them a receipt, I gave them some paperwork about my job, and they are like 'uhhh what is this?'

i should probably stay home today :(

whiskychaser
09-21-2007, 11:46 AM
how stupid can I feel...

after this, I go to the diving store to RMA my defect dive computer, and instead of giving them a receipt, I gave them some paperwork about my job, and they are like 'uhhh what is this?'

i should probably stay home today :(
Happened to me a few times. Our cars get moved around at work so I usually blame somebody else for leaving it in gear. And I had to wiki what RMA meant so I wouldnt feel too bad if I were you :)

txp135
09-21-2007, 12:22 PM
I hope you are typing this from home. If not, then I will not leave my house today. :)

bmwrp8
09-21-2007, 12:29 PM
hehehe... similar thing happened to me a couple of months back. I was trying to start the car and just kept cranking till the battery was almost dead.hehehe i forgot i put a code in the obc!

taseal
09-21-2007, 01:13 PM
hehehe... similar thing happened to me a couple of months back. I was trying to start the car and just kept cranking till the battery was almost dead.hehehe i forgot i put a code in the obc!

lol!

yeah, that happened to me once too... E36s just don't crank... that should be how it is with our cars, or the dong should keep sounding while we try to start lol

brosher
09-21-2007, 01:22 PM
Just another reason to drive stick. I actually do this a lot when I borrow an auto car. I stop, turn off and go to pull key and the damn thing wont come out. Then after a few moments I figure out to put it in park.

But yeh, one of those days...

Ross
09-21-2007, 02:40 PM
I suggest you not go diving today.

Sam-Son
09-21-2007, 03:35 PM
I love driving a manual:D

nirvana19
09-21-2007, 05:32 PM
Just another reason to drive stick. I actually do this a lot when I borrow an auto car. I stop, turn off and go to pull key and the damn thing wont come out. Then after a few moments I figure out to put it in park.

But yeah, one of those days...

In our cars the key will come out no matter what gear you're in :)
Once when my car was parked in the garage I came into the garage to find my car in D with the parking brake off. There would have been nowhere for it to roll (sloped up) but since then, i'm REAL careful about that

dennyg
09-21-2007, 10:07 PM
You think thats dumb. I have at least twice pulled into a steep driveway left the car in drive and put on emergency brake with car still running. Then when I get back in car I realize what I have done and thank God this car didn't run someone over! Good thing the emergency brake works good........BBBBBBBBBad Habit

taseal
09-21-2007, 11:28 PM
for the manual comments

suck it :D

I have driven enough manuals in my time to realize that it is not worth the hassle in stop and go traffic :)

Sam-Son
09-21-2007, 11:43 PM
hell a manual in traffic is the only way I can keep from from falling asleep. Actually earlier tonight I got in an auto car and was kinda confused about what to do. I was reaching for a clutch pedal that wasn't there and trying to move the shifter around:p

taseal
09-22-2007, 12:52 AM
hell a manual in traffic is the only way I can keep from from falling asleep. Actually earlier tonight I got in an auto car and was kinda confused about what to do. I was reaching for a clutch pedal that wasn't there and trying to move the shifter around:p

to each his own... I could do both

you : only manual

me : both

so me : superman :D

seriously though, I can do both, and I hate manual in traffic

Nick.Hay
09-22-2007, 12:56 AM
Manual for inspired driving on twisty roads,

Auto for cruising, lazy sunday drives, and getting blown by your girl whilst you drive!!! ;)

attack eagle
09-22-2007, 04:24 AM

But yeh, one of those days...

LOL, I did this yesterday... but my keys come out when the car is in any gear.
SO when I got in 4 hours later I thought I had drained the battery...