PDA

View Full Version : Interchanging radiators

Chris
09-20-2007, 02:32 AM
Gday, I have a manual M20 525i, and the radiator just shat itself, as there are bugger all manual examples around, is it possible to put an auto radiator in there? From reading up on here it sounds as tho the trans cooler is in the radiator? Would this be a problem, or could the trans lines be blocked off?

Cheers

Ferret
09-20-2007, 02:42 AM
I wouldnt have thought an auto example would cause a problem, just make sure you blow all the crap out of the tranny oil cooler before fitting or you're going to have a crap load of oil sprayed all over the engine bay...

Bin_jammin
09-20-2007, 06:51 AM
I wouldnt have thought an auto example would cause a problem, just make sure you blow all the crap out of the tranny oil cooler before fitting or you're going to have a crap load of oil sprayed all over the engine bay...

Why would that happen? It's not pressurized anymore because his car is a manual. Just slap it in and go for a ride.

Ferret
09-20-2007, 06:54 AM
Why would that happen? It's not pressurized anymore because his car is a manual. Just slap it in and go for a ride.

The remains will naturally run out over time and if they get caught in the air stream it'll look like a paintball fight...

Chris
09-20-2007, 11:01 PM
Thanks for the help. Should make finding one a whole lot easier.

Torque
09-21-2007, 01:00 AM
Just cap the places where the auto tranny hoses attach and don't worry about cleaning it out.

Other than that, it will work.