PDA

View Full Version : anyway to cancel some of those check control messages?

taseal
09-19-2007, 09:30 PM
I currently get the F/FOG LIGHTS and BRAKE LININGS (and now brake light circuit grrr) errors on the dash. is there anyway to make these disappear and not come back so I can display OBC info on the dash? Fog lights are not wired up, and one is actually missing, so its something I can't even fix atm. also the brake linings as well because I am not chaning the brakes anytime soon. and lastly the brake light circuit, i'm hoping to fix as my brake lights don't go on atm!

so is there anyway to make them go away for good? whenI press the check control button, they all come back within seconds

winfred
09-19-2007, 09:40 PM
butt connector the brake sensor wires together, same for the fog light wires, brake light circuit can be fixed with a new brake light switch

taseal
09-19-2007, 09:48 PM
I did that... well with the fog lights (just connected each ends together) now my fog lights are reversed.. on 0 position the fog light signal is on the dash. not to mention the message comes back when I put the lights on.

winfred
09-19-2007, 09:57 PM
A, replace the fuses you popped when you turned on the fog lights after crossing the wires, B, don't turn on the fog lights unless theres actually lights connected, in the past i have done this and unplugged the fog light switch with success, i think it depends on the car on what makes it happy

bmwrp8
09-20-2007, 08:58 AM
A, replace the fuses you popped when you turned on the fog lights after crossing the wires, B, don't turn on the fog lights unless theres actually lights connected, in the past i have done this and unplugged the fog light switch with success, i think it depends on the car on what makes it happy
mine does not have the foglight blown bulb warning in the check control, how can i put that option?

winfred
09-20-2007, 01:46 PM
not sure where the change takes place in the harness, it's probably a jumper somewhere and nothing like a different check control module

mine does not have the foglight blown bulb warning in the check control, how can i put that option?

Qube
09-20-2007, 03:57 PM
LKM messages never go away (cant clear with button). Very annoying if you had a loose connection. You can use a nice strip of black electrical tape :)

Derek A.
09-20-2007, 04:07 PM
On the e28 you could hit the check button and the led would be light - but the "check" would not flash. I hate an accosinal fog light warning that stays the whole trip. Or if you push the b/c button on the end of the turn signal staulk - the time, chrono etc stays up until you shut the car off.