PDA

View Full Version : brake light circuit. brake lights won't go on

taseal
09-19-2007, 09:23 PM
what do I do? pretty dangerous not to have any brake lights going on :(

M20Turbo
09-20-2007, 08:11 AM
did you do a search? 27 threads on the subject.......

bmwrp8
09-20-2007, 08:41 AM

brake light switch

taseal
09-20-2007, 02:13 PM
alright, I searched...

what dumbs me out is

if the car knows i'm stepping on the brake, why give me an error about it? just put the damn brake lights on! lol

bigtisas
09-20-2007, 09:07 PM
I had a brake light circuit mesg in the past few weeks but all brake lights work fine. The washer fluid was low for a few weeks too but I didn't get a washer fluid low mesg. Anyway, I fill it up the washer tank today and the brake light circuit goes away. Now I get a Coolant level low mesg but the coolant level is actually fine. Go figure.

taseal
09-21-2007, 11:35 AM
I had a brake light circuit mesg in the past few weeks but all brake lights work fine. The washer fluid was low for a few weeks too but I didn't get a washer fluid low mesg. Anyway, I fill it up the washer tank today and the brake light circuit goes away. Now I get a Coolant level low mesg but the coolant level is actually fine. Go figure.

sometimes I just want to rip out all the sensors and be like 'fine! show me which one is ****ed up NOW BIATCCHHH' :D

Rus
09-21-2007, 10:13 PM
alright, I searched...

what dumbs me out is

if the car knows i'm stepping on the brake, why give me an error about it? just put the damn brake lights on! lol

I've noticed that my car will sometimes throw the Brake Light message up at random. What I've observed one time was that the lights came on with just a minor delay after the brake was depressed and presto: Brake Light. My guess is that there is an issue somewhere between the brake switch and the lights. General control module? Light Control? I haven't looked closely into it yet.