PDA

View Full Version : Auto to manual conversions

duby55
09-19-2007, 04:54 PM
Ok, my 91 525i auto trans is probably shot. I have to move fast on a 92 325 with a5 speed manual. Can I use most of the parts to convert my 525 from this 325 / 5 speed manual. Are the rears interchangable. The brake and clutch pedals, the flywheel? Sorry I don't have the time for the archives today, just any quick info like yes or no with a few explained maybe's if possible. I don't want to miss out if its mostly usable. I want my car back. The Grand Marquis just doesen't do it for me.

RichO
09-19-2007, 06:14 PM
Ok, my 91 525i auto trans is probably shot. I have to move fast on a 92 325 with a5 speed manual. Can I use most of the parts to convert my 525 from this 325 / 5 speed manual. Are the rears interchangable. The brake and clutch pedals, the flywheel? Sorry I don't have the time for the archives today, just any quick info like yes or no with a few explained maybe's if possible. I don't want to miss out if its mostly usable. I want my car back. The Grand Marquis just doesen't do it for me.

trans mounts may not be the same, not 100% on this.
clutch/ flywheel look to be the same
I think the driveshafts are different but no clue if you can just use your current one from auto.

Too bad you are in Jersey, I know where you could get the perfect donor (shameless plug for my post in classifieds)

good luck