PDA

View Full Version : Radio Alarm Code

Sam-Son
09-17-2007, 05:06 PM
Ok since I had the tranny swap done trhey had to disconnect my battery. As a result the radio freaked out and deactivated. I have the 5 digit alarm code but I can't seem to put it in properly. I followed the instructions in the manual but it isn't working. Any body know what to do?
Thanks
-Mike

Denton
09-17-2007, 05:16 PM
For some reason I couldn't put my code in either.

Took it to the dealer and the guy did it right the first time. Never figured out what I was doing wrong.

They just did it for free.

Jr ///M5
09-17-2007, 05:24 PM
If you have attempted to punch in the code 3 unsuccessful times in a row, the radio will lock you out.

You must leave the key in the "on/run" position with the radio on for at least an hour (I've seen this done in only 1/2 an hour), only then will the radio accept the code again.

While you are punching in your code and the radio beeps at you, STOP. Re-enter your code from the beginning again and it should work.

JR

Sam-Son
09-17-2007, 05:28 PM
If you have attempted to punch in the code 3 unsuccessful times in a row, the radio will lock you out.

You must leave the key in the "on/run" position with the radio on for at least an hour (I've seen this done in only 1/2 an hour), only then will the radio accept the code again.

While you are punching in your code and the radio beeps at you, STOP. Re-enter your code from the beginning again and it should work.

JR
Yeah that's all from the manual but I followed that and it didn't work. Any other ideas