PDA

View Full Version : Clutch for 535 e34 wanted

krazy00kanadian
09-10-2007, 07:25 PM
Hello all, i have a much loved 1990 535i BMTroubleyou
An in the fashion of the brand something expensive happened, my throwout barring finally kicked it needs replacing, so i decided to take it upon myself to do.

So i figured this was an easy task until i found my friction plate was about to need replacing.
so here i am, asking all you nice people for advice on a clutch to buy, we all know BMW has a way with high prices, so any alternatives would be much appreciated.

If anyone has a clutch they would like to sell i would be more then happy to buy it directly from you.

Thank you so much for your help!
~farley

indierthanthou
09-10-2007, 08:25 PM
try bmaparts.com or bavauto.com. bav auto has an entire kit including clutch disc, pressure plate, t/o bearing, pilot bearing, and the rest of the stuff you should replace while the tranny is off for about $400

Torque
09-10-2007, 09:28 PM
look up seller under the name "gripforce-clutches" on ebay; they have the sachs clutch kit for 225.

Black 535i
09-11-2007, 07:22 AM
If you do order from BMA, I am in Chicago and coming up in 3 weeks for Thanksgiving to London. Should be no problem getting it across the border and avoiding the duties. They never, ever check anything at Windsor. Depending on where you are, this could help you out. Let me know.

krazy00kanadian
09-11-2007, 02:37 PM
First of all thats amazingly nice of you and BMW people rock, but sadly i am not in the great homeland, i live in maine.

an update: called my usual mechanic and he said he could get a whole set up for just $840.00!!
so, you saved me a bunch o' money, thank you!

Black 535i
09-11-2007, 03:35 PM
...and take a look at the shifter slop while you have the driveshaft out. Make sure that they mark the driveshaft splines before they remove it so you don't have weird balance problems afterwards.