PDA

View Full Version : Aubrey finally gets his turn.

Jr ///M5
09-09-2007, 08:12 PM
He'll be turning 18 in February, born about a year before the M5 was even built. This evening, I said, "Hey....follow me"......we went downstairs and I pointed to his shoes, "You'll need those on... and tuck in the shoestrings by the way." By this time he knew something good was about to happen. Then he bolted through the front door, and I threw him the keys to the M5 while waiting for him in the driveway.

His face lit up like a kid on Christmas morning. "Really?!!!?" ....questioning his Dad's authority, while taking deep strides toward the beast with eyes wide and a grin from ear to ear.

I wanted him to take her easy until we get the oil warmed up, then he could judge for himself what it was like to pilot an M5.

Every shift was smooth and a close eye was on the tach, not bringing the needle past 3k until the oil had come up to temperature. The grin was spread all over his face like jelly when he was a kid....I smirked,...."You ain't seen nothing yet"...."kid"

We did a few miles, and he got the chance to open it up a little. (ok, a lot) With these words I'll never forget, " Wow Dad!, the sound that engine makes is incredible!"....

He'll never look at the 318iS the same again.

That, my friends....is a good thing....I think?

JR

Sam-Son
09-09-2007, 08:45 PM
Nice. Lucky kid.

bahnstormer
09-09-2007, 09:25 PM
heheh planting the seeds of speed =P

Geoff Hoad
09-09-2007, 09:30 PM
Aubrey, tell your dad that Downing Atlanta make a nice supercharger package for M42/M44 engines and after letting you drive the M5,its appropriate you have the extra power!

Jr, That's a day he will never forget!

Bin_jammin
09-09-2007, 09:33 PM
He'll be turning 18 in February, born about a year before the M5 was even built. This evening, I said, "Hey....follow me"......we went downstairs and I pointed to his shoes, "You'll need those on... and tuck in the shoestrings by the way." By this time he knew something good was about to happen. Then he bolted through the front door, and I threw him the keys to the M5 while waiting for him in the driveway.

His face lit up like a kid on Christmas morning. "Really?!!!?" ....questioning his Dad's authority, while taking deep strides toward the beast with eyes wide and a grin from ear to ear.

I wanted him to take her easy until we get the oil warmed up, then he could judge for himself what it was like to pilot an M5.

Every shift was smooth and a close eye was on the tach, not bringing the needle past 3k until the oil had come up to temperature. The grin was spread all over his face like jelly when he was a kid....I smirked,...."You ain't seen nothing yet"...."kid"

We did a few miles, and he got the chance to open it up a little. (ok, a lot) With these words I'll never forget, " Wow Dad!, the sound that engine makes is incredible!"....

He'll never look at the 318iS the same again.

That, my friends....is a good thing....I think?

JR

And the cat's in the cradle and the silver spoon...

Can I drive next?

Sam-Son
09-09-2007, 10:06 PM
And the cat's in the cradle and the silver spoon...
Clever

repenttokyo
09-09-2007, 10:15 PM
it's nice to be able to give a gift like that to your son.

Barney Paull-Edwards
09-09-2007, 11:01 PM
You`ve given him Automotive Crack, now pay the price!

misfortune
09-09-2007, 11:45 PM
ok.

Robin-535im
09-10-2007, 12:28 AM
Good to hear it wasn't a let down after all these years.... like if you were to finally see Cheryl Tiegs naked and she was already 60 yrs old...

I'd say he's a pretty lucky kid, but not because of the car but because of the family he's in. Your stories in the past leave no doubt he'll grow into a good man.

Okay... hug... wipe sentimental tear... yadda yadda... :)

Elekta
09-10-2007, 08:52 AM
I'm reminded of Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman going back into that Rodeo Dr store....

Big Mistake Really Big ..YUGE

Bin_jammin
09-10-2007, 09:04 AM
You`ve given him Automotive Crack, now pay the price!

Like they say, the first one's always free!

ILoveMPower
09-10-2007, 11:08 AM
I'll never forget when my old man first let me pilot the S38! Automotive crack it is!

Very nice story and a fine taste your son has indeed