PDA

View Full Version : power window not working

werminghausen
09-09-2007, 11:56 AM
My driver side window doesn't work any more. It was never fast and the motor always had to work hard. Then it did not go down once in a while (It always went up- probably less resistance) but now it stopped working.
I can hear the click when I press the down button but nothing happens. The click is the same as if the window is closed and you push the up button. I think the click comes from the Relay Module (RM) or General Module (GM) but I don't know.
I heard that the GM does stop any window operation if more than 35 A are used.
Can it be that the mechanical resistance in the guides etc is too high that the motor can't turn? Is it a mechanical problem or an electrical problem?
Does anyone know? Martin

Scott C
09-09-2007, 12:50 PM
My driver side window doesn't work any more. It was never fast and the motor always had to work hard. Then it did not go down once in a while (It always went up- probably less resistance) but now it stopped working.
I can hear the click when I press the down button but nothing happens. The click is the same as if the window is closed and you push the up button. I think the click comes from the Relay Module (RM) or General Module (GM) but I don't know.
I heard that the GM does stop any window operation if more than 35 A are used.
Can it be that the mechanical resistance in the guides etc is too high that the motor can't turn? Is it a mechanical problem or an electrical problem?
Does anyone know? Martin

Wouldn't be surprised if the gears in the motor are shot - take it off?
On mine the motor/gearbox was bad and replaced as a unit.

Mine also had window actuator gears bent as well and I bought a replacement that was not OEM - big mistake, it wore out in 3 months....

werminghausen
09-10-2007, 10:07 AM
Thanks

I opened the door panel yesterday in order to see what the motor and gears look inside. They actually looked fine. The 'click' did not come from any Relay. I was wrong. It came from the motor directly. After some tweaking and pushing the window started working again. I think it was just the mechanical resistance in the guide rails. I put some silicone spray to it and now it works again. Not sure if there is a better way of lubrication for the guide rails? Or do you think the weather stripping is the problem with resistance? Martin