PDA

View Full Version : My M5....

Jr ///M5
09-07-2007, 08:04 PM
http://img480.imageshack.us/img480/4452/dscn1452ur5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Trying to make sure the new hosting site works, can you see the pic? Want to buy it?...:D

Macv
09-07-2007, 08:33 PM
Yes and yes, but no

winfred
09-07-2007, 08:45 PM
sure, but you wouldn't want what i got to pay :D

Antrieb
09-07-2007, 09:03 PM
Payment plan ok? :D

repenttokyo
09-07-2007, 10:12 PM
i offer ten shiny Quatloos for the newcomer!

Torque
09-07-2007, 10:17 PM
Beautiful as always.

Do you still have the one shot from way back of the signature of the groupe leader that assembled it with the date under the rear bumper molding? Wanted to show that to my dad, but the old pics are no longer working.

bigtisas
09-08-2007, 12:02 AM
e34 is just beautiful.

Sam-Son
09-08-2007, 01:22 AM
Want to buy it? yeah in about 6 years unless you wanna trade cars with me

Dave M
09-08-2007, 01:24 AM
Wonderfull as always jr.

But, is that a dent in the dr. side quarter panel, or just my eyes?

Dave

Sam-Son
09-08-2007, 01:32 AM
Wonderfull as always jr.

But, is that a dent in the dr. side quarter panel, or just my eyes?

Dave
I can see what you're talking about and it's a reflection

Jr ///M5
09-08-2007, 05:07 AM
Beautiful as always.

Do you still have the one shot from way back of the signature of the groupe leader that assembled it with the date under the rear bumper molding? Wanted to show that to my dad, but the old pics are no longer working.

Sure, here you go....http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/7756/dscn1207oz6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Bin_jammin
09-08-2007, 08:05 AM
Now that's nifty. Not that I've even remotely got the kind of scratch you're looking for, but where are you and how much are you asking for the car?

Jr ///M5
09-08-2007, 09:55 AM
It's been said that an M5 is worth whatever the buyer is willing to pay for it. Guess that applies to just about any car. The car isn't really for sale, it's an inside joke. I threaten to sell it just about every week, then you fire it up and take a drive on the weekend and it takes days to get the grin off your face.

The automobiles of today are just now beginning to bring the kind of performance that the M5 offered 17 years ago. When you stop to think about the bang for the buck, the E34 M5 is still on top with average prices going from 10k to 18k depending on condition.

I think the car is worth between 16-9 and 17-8. Maybe someone on the board that has seen it could give me a better guess, but that's my guess.

JR

Last handbuilts from BMW.....the best bargain out there, compared to the performance cars of today, and with BMW racing heritage wrapped in a luxury sport sedan.

Anthony (M5 in Calgary)
09-08-2007, 10:21 AM
It's been said that an M5 is worth whatever the buyer is willing to pay for it. Guess that applies to just about any car. The car isn't really for sale, it's an inside joke. I threaten to sell it just about every week, then you fire it up and take a drive on the weekend and it takes days to get the grin off your face.

The automobiles of today are just now beginning to bring the kind of performance that the M5 offered 17 years ago. When you stop to think about the bang for the buck, the E34 M5 is still on top with average prices going from 10k to 18k depending on condition.

I think the car is worth between 16-9 and 17-8. Maybe someone on the board that has seen it could give me a better guess, but that's my guess.

JR

Last handbuilts from BMW.....the best bargain out there, compared to the performance cars of today, and with BMW racing heritage wrapped in a luxury sport sedan.

Looking good as always JR - maybe I should buy it... :D

BTW, here's the new sled - nearly 20 years newer and there are many aspects in which the M5 would beat it. Mostly the human interface and solidity... However, it's hard to beat the AWD on wet or snowy roads.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/interalian/G35/img_9380.jpg

repenttokyo
09-08-2007, 10:26 AM

it's a great car, but for example the E46 M3 offered a higher level of performance starting in 2001, and the E39 M5 in 2000 - so it's not "just now" that cars are offering the same kind of performance.

Sam-Son
09-08-2007, 01:14 PM
My god that is probably the best M5 I have ever seen. Keep driving it and keep convincing yourself not to sell it.

Bin_jammin
09-08-2007, 01:18 PM
Looking good as always JR - maybe I should buy it... :D

BTW, here's the new sled - nearly 20 years newer and there are many aspects in which the M5 would beat it. Mostly the human interface and solidity... However, it's hard to beat the AWD on wet or snowy roads.

For wet roads, keep your foot out of it. For snowy roads, stay home, or buy something you won't mind wrapping around a pole or hydrant. Living in New England, we see our share of snow, and if it's that bad, don't go out. If you really need to be out in the snow, buy a winter beater.

Evan
09-08-2007, 01:19 PM
they are worth a lot more than you can get from any buyer... what a beauty

repenttokyo
09-08-2007, 01:48 PM
For wet roads, keep your foot out of it. For snowy roads, stay home, or buy something you won't mind wrapping around a pole or hydrant. Living in New England, we see our share of snow, and if it's that bad, don't go out. If you really need to be out in the snow, buy a winter beater.

i live in Quebec, and we get a ton of snow. I did a winter rally last year with my 525 in a snow storm, and I was passing Subarus. As long as you know how to drive your RWD car in the snow, it's not dangerous.

Sam-Son
09-08-2007, 02:38 PM
i live in Quebec, and we get a ton of snow. I did a winter rally last year with my 525 in a snow storm, and I was passing Subarus. As long as you know how to drive your RWD car in the snow, it's not dangerous.
Wow a 525 in a winter rally that's pretty interesting anymore info.

ILoveMPower
09-09-2007, 09:39 AM
it's a great car, but for example the E46 M3 offered a higher level of performance starting in 2001, and the E39 M5 in 2000 - so it's not "just now" that cars are offering the same kind of performance.

Have you ever driven an E34 M, or the examples you speak of? They hardly offer the "same kind" of performance! Nothing is like the S38!

repenttokyo
09-09-2007, 11:13 AM
Have you ever driven an E34 M, or the examples you speak of? They hardly offer the "same kind" of performance! Nothing is like the S38!

I've been in cars that easily outperform an S38....it's a great car, but it's not the apogee of performance, and it's well over a decade old now. Time moves on.

repenttokyo
09-09-2007, 11:16 AM
Wow a 525 in a winter rally that's pretty interesting anymore info.

There's a rally club in Quebec that does timed navigational rallies, year round. I only participate in the winter ones, because sliding the car sideways through every turn is just so much fun.

Jon K
09-09-2007, 11:17 AM
I'd consider buying it, but I know people would hate me for what I'd do to it :(

Antrieb
09-09-2007, 11:57 AM
I don't think anyone would hate you as long as you slap a snail on there :)

Geoff Hoad
09-09-2007, 01:13 PM
Gee JR, trying to sell a car that has grafitti on it from the factory! :)

Still looking good. Will post a photo of the BB in response when I get the Throwing Stars on.

Nick.Hay
09-10-2007, 02:47 AM
More, more, MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!1!1!111!

JR, that M5 is just so ****ing beautiful!!

Paul in NZ
09-10-2007, 03:58 AM
I've been in cars that easily outperform an S38....it's a great car, but it's not the apogee of performance, and it's well over a decade old now. Time moves on.

but its more than the outright performance...and check your sums the e34 m5 is a hell of a lot older than 10 years old

Kud s to you JR i just cant beleive how damn nice your car looks...

repenttokyo
09-10-2007, 07:37 AM
but its more than the outright performance...and check your sums the e34 m5 is a hell of a lot older than 10 years old

Kud s to you JR i just cant beleive how damn nice your car looks...

well, it was produced until 95, right? so not all of them are a "hell of a lot older" than 10 years old.

Sam-Son
09-10-2007, 10:11 AM
As far as outright performance goes there are tons of cars that will do away with an E34 M5. But outright performance isn't why I'd buy an E34 M5 (it's still a very fast car don't get me wrong) but I'd buy one just for that special X factor an M5 carries with it and especially the E34. I've driven many cars that'll beat an E34 (E60 M5, E63 M6, E46 M3, Supercharged E36 M3 and on and on) and Though I haven't driven an E34 M5 I have driven my car and after driving all those other ones I still prefer mine. Yes it isn't as quick but it's the only one that "fits" maybe that's just me and I'm being foolish. But hey a couple of mods and the E34 M5 will be able to Keep up with "the kids"

Jon K
09-10-2007, 10:39 AM
As far as outright performance goes there are tons of cars that will do away with an E34 M5. But outright performance isn't why I'd buy an E34 M5 (it's still a very fast car don't get me wrong) but I'd buy one just for that special X factor an M5 carries with it and especially the E34. I've driven many cars that'll beat an E34 (E60 M5, E63 M6, E46 M3, Supercharged E36 M3 and on and on) and Though I haven't driven an E34 M5 I have driven my car and after driving all those other ones I still prefer mine. Yes it isn't as quick but it's the only one that "fits" maybe that's just me and I'm being foolish. But hey a couple of mods and the E34 M5 will be able to Keep up with "the kids"

The fun part is making a car like an E34 keep up with or smoke the cars you mentioned above... its just one of those "omg" things.

Sam-Son
09-10-2007, 10:42 AM
The fun part is making a car like an E34 keep up with or smoke the cars you mentioned above... its just one of those "omg" things.
Yes definately of course mine can only smoke a prius:p but I get what you mean

repenttokyo
09-10-2007, 10:49 AM
just to clarify, the fact that i acknowledge that there are cars that out perform the e34 M5 doesn't mean I don't love the e34 M5 and wouldn't love to have one as a daily driver.

Sam-Son
09-10-2007, 10:56 AM
just to clarify, the fact that i acknowledge that there are cars that out perform the e34 M5 doesn't mean I don't love the e34 M5 and wouldn't love to have one as a daily driver.
Agreed obviously

ILoveMPower
09-10-2007, 11:03 AM
well, it was produced until 95, right? so not all of them are a "hell of a lot older" than 10 years old.

We're not talking about performance! If I wanted a fast car I could buy a piece of **** foxbody mustang and dump a couple grand into it and stomp on the old M5!

Tell me ANY car, new or old, that can provide the experience of driving the last handbuilt M car! There is none!

Jr, looking flawless as always! :D

repenttokyo
09-10-2007, 11:26 AM
Tell me ANY car, new or old, that can provide the experience of driving the last handbuilt M car! There is none!

I'm just going to chalk this up as owner pride and not treat it as a serious challenge. Suffice it to say, there are cars that will outperform, outhandle, and provide a better driving experience than a heavy, 4 door sedan. I don't think anyone is in disagreement with that statement.