PDA

View Full Version : trunk lock cylinder

indierthanthou
09-07-2007, 03:42 PM
I know I've been making a lot of ignorance-motivated threads lately...but does anyone know if it is possible to get a replacement trunk lock cylinder? not the entire lock, but the part inside the button you push with the dogs for the key in it. my key slides freely in and out of the lock, but the trunk locks with the doors, so if i ever get a flat battery i may very well be screwed. plus i want to be able to get into my trunk without walking all the way to the front door to unlock the car, open the trunk, get what i need, then shut the trunk and go back to the front to lock the door again.

Help!

Ferret
09-07-2007, 03:53 PM
So long as you've got the original keyset, the bmw dealer will provide you with a replacement coded bootlock - at a price.

You have to take all your vehicles documentation too to get them to supply you with anything lock related.

Bin_jammin
09-07-2007, 05:28 PM
I know I've been making a lot of ignorance-motivated threads lately...but does anyone know if it is possible to get a replacement trunk lock cylinder? not the entire lock, but the part inside the button you push with the dogs for the key in it. my key slides freely in and out of the lock, but the trunk locks with the doors, so if i ever get a flat battery i may very well be screwed. plus i want to be able to get into my trunk without walking all the way to the front door to unlock the car, open the trunk, get what i need, then shut the trunk and go back to the front to lock the door again.

Help!

You'd never be totally screwed, you could always do the plate light trick. Take them out, hook a charger up to the connections...