PDA

View Full Version : Very Urgent Heater Core Emergency!!

Jehu
09-02-2007, 04:22 PM
I have the new core in now but while removing the cover i broke a little plastic holder for one of the climate control cables which was part of the cover. Its just a ring like that appeared to receive the cable with a gromet like collar but its broken of completely now so no way to affix the cable to keep it from moving when you slide the control. I want to know if anyone thinks i can rig it with lots of eletcrical tape or heavey wire maybe or if i am going to find anything i try inadequate and therefore i should just buy another Heater Core Cover. What a bitch getting that clasp down over the two side pipes. took me an hour and a half . Also The old core had washers as well as O-Rings. Washers fitted in the core openings , O-Rings over the pipes. I took kept the original aluminum pipes but ther were JUST O-Rings on the new core, no Washers fitted under. I lost one of the new O-Rings putting it on. It just sprang out oif my fingers and dissapeared. I used one of the washes in its place ON the PIPE so as i have it fitted now There are Two new O-Rings on two of the pipes and One Old Washer on the other and i didn't reuse the other washers in the Heater Core Body opening figuring the new one didn't come with them so they were redundant. I am running out of light but I;m going to refit the three coolant hoses to the Pipes now and see if i get any leakage. I'll check back here after i do that to see if anyone had an answer about the cable holder ring deal. Thanks a million . I'm on call for work tomorrow and need to have this at least driveable.

Jehu
09-02-2007, 04:58 PM
UPdate one: The pipe and hose connections all appear good and tight. Ran the car for about five minutes, reved engine some and nothing but nice warm air ,no coolant leaks or odors... Started this job at 2:30 PM and had the new core in by 4PM. took another 1 1/2 hrs to get the pipe clamp in place to bolt it in. Darkness aproaching but i think i'll at least fit the cover on and see if i can rig anything to hold that cable in place , the short green one guess thats for the dash vents... well Glad i went for it. shops were gonna bill me over $1,100 for this job and i'm nearly done in 4.

Jehu
09-02-2007, 06:58 PM
Update three: WTF are these plugs??????????????????? lol... I have two large plugs in the dash wire harness for which i can't find receptacles... oy.. got too dark to finish.Try again in the morning.