PDA

View Full Version : Would Bilstein Sports be a good match to Mtech springs?

AllanS
05-13-2004, 08:21 AM
I have Mtech springs right now, on the stock shocks, which are starting to show their age faster than I thought. I was looking at either Bilstein Sports or Koni adjustables, but am leaning towards the Bilsteins due to the [low] cost.

Would the Bilsteins be a good match for the Mtech springs, or would i need something less aggressive/more aggressive?

Thanks,
Allan

Tiger
05-13-2004, 09:37 AM
Bilstein is the best... For our application, Sport Bilstein is the only way to go. Bilstein HD and Sport has the same valving and the only difference is the length of the rod to compensate for shorter spring. The ride will be stiff but we have no other option.

Do yourself a favor while you are doing this job... get new spring pads if you have not changed them... It would make a world of difference in vibration damping. I prefer thicker one for better damping but some of you rather have the low low rides instead. It is not that much of a difference in height. 1/4" maybe at the most.

Jason
05-13-2004, 10:19 AM
no affiliation with them, but some people on the board prefer the Konis, I wanted to get a set, right now i have the bilsteins sports. I have no complaints, but at 500 bucks those koni's are similarly priced.

AllanS
05-13-2004, 02:05 PM
Thanks Tiger- I'm looking to replace as much as I can in one shot, so I'll include new spring pads to the order.