PDA

View Full Version : Possible Imobiliser Issue? Help!!!

uktom
08-29-2007, 02:16 AM
I hava problem that has been intermittent. After he car has been running and you turn it off you go to restart it and you get nothing.
No click from relays no engagement of starter. If you then leave the car for about 20-30 mins the car will start. However turn the engine off again and it will not restart for 20-30 mins.
The car has the standard BMW Alarm imobiliser and is a 95 3.0l E34 Touring Auto Gearbox.
Any ideas??

Omega
08-29-2007, 05:39 AM
Try giving the starter solenoid a firm clout and then see if it will start.

My old 525 used to suffer really bad heat soak to the starter motor and it did exactly the same thing. After a run it would refuse to start unless given a stern talking to with a big metal bar....

Hope this helps.

genphreak
08-29-2007, 08:10 AM
I hava problem that has been intermittent. After he car has been running and you turn it off you go to restart it and you get nothing.
No click from relays no engagement of starter. If you then leave the car for about 20-30 mins the car will start. However turn the engine off again and it will not restart for 20-30 mins.
The car has the standard BMW Alarm imobiliser and is a 95 3.0l E34 Touring Auto Gearbox.
Any ideas??Search for Mustard relay and return valve - either could be the problem

Blitzkrieg Bob
08-29-2007, 12:54 PM
Search for Mustard relay and return valve - either could be the problem

Uhh, I don't think the later cars had the mustard relay.

This sounds more like a starter issue, then EWS, or bad check valve.

Next time it won't start, try jumping the starter at the solinoid poles.

uktom
08-30-2007, 04:27 PM
Uhh, I don't think the later cars had the mustard relay.

This sounds more like a starter issue, then EWS, or bad check valve.

Next time it won't start, try jumping the starter at the solinoid poles.

Which check valve?
When the car will not start even the relay does not click hence why I am thinking it may be the factory fitted immobiliser. Where is the immobiliser box? Can it be bypassed?

Blitzkrieg Bob
08-30-2007, 04:44 PM
Take a look at this, it will explain the EWS.

http://www.unofficialbmw.com/images/BMW_EWS.pdf

It may not be the EWS, but just a bad starter or solinoid.

The check valve is for the fuel delivery, it keeps the lines pressurized when the car is stopped. usually means hard starts..cranks but won't run right away.