PDA

View Full Version : 5er "Generations" Meet - Northern East Coast

525iT_Feen
08-28-2007, 12:24 AM
I realize that we did not have an older or newer 5 series presence at this meet (with the exception of 1 e34 and 1 e60) but the goal of this next meet is to get EVERY 5er out. From the e12's to the e60's, so here is my first attempt at involving you guys! The last one was a blast but I really wanted to see more of a variety generation wise.

Just to get the ball rolling I figured I would let these dates roll and see what kind of response we get. Both of these dates are Saturdays, and both are mid month. Show and Shine in NH is the first week of October (there will be a caravan from Jersey planned later in September) and after that the weather gets much less consistent.

Dan, Wayne, Martin and a few other guys have numerous ideas and are serious about making this happen I just want to make sure the date is perfect so that we can set it ahead of time allowing people to get it off from work. This next one is going to be much more organized and a their will be a more solid cruise as well as a cover charge from the beginning for people who will be eating. This past Saturday's meet was apparently just a teaser of what Dan, Wayne, and Martin were capable of so lets throw these guys a curve ball and really get a large presence at this next meet.

The location is to be announced but it will be in the NY/NJ area.

Last weeks Meet for those who didn't attend:
http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=817094
http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=816923

Vote away fellas.

:D

Bin_jammin
08-28-2007, 12:32 AM
I realize that we did not have an older or newer 5 series presence at this meet (with the exception of 1 e34 and 1 e60) but the goal of this next meet is to get EVERY 5er out. From the e12's to the e60's, so here is my first attempt at involving you guys! The last one was a blast but I really wanted to see more of a variety generation wise.

Just to get the ball rolling I figured I would let these dates roll and see what kind of response we get. Both of these dates are Saturdays, and both are mid month. Show and Shine in NH is the first week of October (there will be a caravan from Jersey planned later in September) and after that the weather gets much less consistent.

Dan, Wayne, Martin and a few other guys have numerous ideas and are serious about making this happen I just want to make sure the date is perfect so that we can set it ahead of time allowing people to get it off from work. This next one is going to be much more organized and a their will be a more solid cruise as well as a cover charge from the beginning for people who will be eating. This past Saturday's meet was apparently just a teaser of what Dan, Wayne, and Martin were capable of so lets throw these guys a curve ball and really get a large presence at this next meet.

The location is to be announced but it will be in the NY/NJ area.

Last weeks Meet for those who didn't attend:
http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...d.php?t=817094
http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...d.php?t=816923

Vote away fellas.

:D

I vote you check your URLs. Those both 404.

I'll go to a New England 5er meetup. I'll even bring the e34.

Sam-Son
08-28-2007, 12:34 AM
no preference as of right now but definitely interested if it's in the NY/NJ area

525iT_Feen
08-28-2007, 12:35 AM
I vote you check your URLs. Those both 404.

I'll go to a New England 5er meetup. I'll even bring the e34.

Fixed. Please do bring the e34. I am trying to get my sisters 540 ducts installed and her paint cleaned so that she can bring her 530 out too.

525iT_Feen
08-28-2007, 12:36 AM
no preference as of right now but definitely interested if it's in the NY/NJ area

The meet is definitely going to happen. As soon as the date is set (should be a week or two) I will make a post with the date/time/location.

525iT_Feen
08-28-2007, 10:42 AM
Bump.

Jon K
08-28-2007, 10:47 AM
I might be able to go if you put it in the area.

525iT_Feen
08-28-2007, 11:44 AM
I might be able to go if you put it in the area.

I think they are planning on doing the meet itself at Wayne's shop in Brooklyn or in the area, I'm not sure though.

I'm sure everyone would love to see the car!

Sam-Son
08-28-2007, 01:43 PM
I think they are planning on doing the meet itself at Wayne's shop in Brooklyn or in the area, I'm not sure though.

I'm sure everyone would love to see the car!
Who's wayne?

repenttokyo
08-28-2007, 01:59 PM
what is this show and shine in NH?

525iT_Feen
08-28-2007, 02:21 PM
Who's wayne?

BoostInfection over on BF.c
Not sure if he is a member here.

He owns a performance/detailing shop in Brooklyn. Awesome guy. He used to drive a silver e34 touring and now owns a few e39's on top of that.

525iT_Feen
08-28-2007, 02:22 PM
what is this show and shine in NH?

Bavarian Autosport - www.bavauto.com
It's their yearly car show/gathering/bbq.

Coolest event of the year.

525iT_Feen
08-29-2007, 06:00 PM
Bump.

525iT_Feen
09-01-2007, 09:41 AM
Bump...

Sam-Son
09-01-2007, 10:12 PM
Bump...
Forgive me but what does bump mean? I see it on just about every forum

Jon K
09-01-2007, 10:16 PM
Forgive me but what does bump mean? I see it on just about every forum

Because this forum, and others, use a "newest post first" system, when a thread has no activity, it is moved lower and lower on the page and ultimately off the first page or worse. So people "bump" it, to pop it back to the top.

Sometimes you'll see "TTT" which is "to the top" same thing.

Way long ago before there were dinosaurs Bimmer.info was a classic BBS system with no newest post first, instead it was a hierarchical format forum whereas you could have a thread with people posting ever 20 seconds, but if it was made 8/25/07 it will be long, long down on the list.

Sam-Son
09-01-2007, 10:25 PM
Because this forum, and others, use a "newest post first" system, when a thread has no activity, it is moved lower and lower on the page and ultimately off the first page or worse. So people "bump" it, to pop it back to the top.

Sometimes you'll see "TTT" which is "to the top" same thing.

Way long ago before there were dinosaurs Bimmer.info was a classic BBS system with no newest post first, instead it was a hierarchical format forum whereas you could have a thread with people posting ever 20 seconds, but if it was made 8/25/07 it will be long, long down on the list.
hmmm thanks

RallyD
09-01-2007, 10:43 PM
I'd go but would need to know the date as far in advance as possible.

Sam-Son
09-01-2007, 11:14 PM
I'd go but would need to know the date as far in advance as possible.
Where on LI are you?

525iT_Feen
09-02-2007, 11:13 AM
I should have the date set by Wed-Thu and a location laid out. Just need to speak to a few more people.

Sam-Son
09-02-2007, 11:35 AM
I should have the date set by Wed-Thu and a location laid out. Just need to speak to a few more people.
Great let us know