PDA

View Full Version : wow, it never stops.

misfortune
08-27-2007, 10:51 PM
So, I'm doing the class to class shuffle, I hop in my car throw it into reverse

SHERRRKKKKKKKKKSCHREEESHDSLJKF:LDSJF:LJS (from the rear or the car)

I kill the engine and go look under the rear axle and I see differential fluid and metal bits and bolts under the car.

Awesome. Am I the only one? Has this happened to anyone else?

I didn't even try to drive it. I knew exactly what the #*%&(* was happening down there. Sure enough, coming off the tow truck, the rear wheels locked up and the car slid down the incline. Oh, my muffler still sounds like *%&*# and my car runs like doodoo. I hate myself. I hate my car.

Oh and who ever says post + username, diaf, its not even funny anymore.

:(

Bin_jammin
08-27-2007, 11:32 PM
So, I'm doing the class to class shuffle, I hop in my car throw it into reverse

SHERRRKKKKKKKKKSCHREEESHDSLJKF:LDSJF:LJS (from the rear or the car)

I kill the engine and go look under the rear axle and I see differential fluid and metal bits and bolts under the car.

Awesome. Am I the only one? Has this happened to anyone else?

I didn't even try to drive it. I knew exactly what the #*%&(* was happening down there. Sure enough, coming off the tow truck, the rear wheels locked up and the car slid down the incline. Oh, my muffler still sounds like *%&*# and my car runs like doodoo. I hate myself. I hate my car.

Oh and who ever says post + username, diaf, its not even funny anymore.

:(

Um... I don't know what "post + username" means, but where are you located? I have two 535 diffs for spare parts that ought to be able to help you get back on the road.

Milkboot
08-27-2007, 11:37 PM
Doh :( sorry to hear it :(

misfortune
08-28-2007, 10:02 AM
Um... I don't know what "post + username" means, but where are you located? I have two 535 diffs for spare parts that ought to be able to help you get back on the road.
On another forum and sometimes here, people point out that my username combined with my post is pretty funny. (misfortune lolololo get it? )

Yeah I'm in DFW, I'm definitely interested, how much do ya want?

Ross
08-28-2007, 10:52 AM
Dumped the clutch in reverse, eh?

misfortune
08-28-2007, 11:15 AM
Dumped the clutch in reverse, eh?

Nope, I drove it normally, I'm not hard on it at all.

Would that shred the rear differential?

DanDombrowski
08-28-2007, 11:30 AM
I have a differenital here I'd give you for pennies, but its a 3.23 open from a 525i with a flange from a m20 auto trans car, shipping would probably be more than its worth if it even fit