PDA

View Full Version : Doors randomly lock and unlock. Any ideas?

miliue
08-23-2007, 11:14 AM
1992 525 (manual) 200,000 miles plus

Over the last couple of weeks my doors have begun to lock themselves. It started happening only when I would pull away from a drive through and start rolling up the windows. The doors would lock, unlock, lock, unlock and then stop and the window would continue to roll up.

Lately, this has been happening more often. Now, sometimes the doors will lock when I shut the doors. Sometimes when I turn the car off. When it happens when the car is not on (i.e., I've just turned it off, or have just gotten in in the morning), I can't manually unlock them. I have to turn the car back on, roll down the window, and use my key to unlock the car from the outside. It's a pain, especially when there's a passenger waiting to get in/out.

I'm sure this is just an electrical problem somewhere, but I have no idea where to look. Anyone have any advice?

mikeythekidd
08-23-2007, 04:35 PM
I have read a lot of threads lately with your symptoms as well as other general electrical goofiness. It seem almost without exception it turned out to be the fusable link. You might try taking it apart and cleaning it up or replacing it...good luck.

weiss_535is
08-23-2007, 07:17 PM
http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=34686