PDA

View Full Version : buy a 99 540/6 56kmi or 01 540/6 72kmi??

oufyaba
05-12-2004, 08:51 PM
Both cars are very clean, although I haven't see any yet. Both from autotraders, and planning to make a decision on Friday to go see and buy..

01 540/6 sport 72k miles...asking 27k
I love the 01 shape, but hestitant about the high mileage, although owner claims mostly highway, and very clean inside and outside. always hand washed. No repairs at all, including no radiator or water pump work. Navagation, rear shades, etc..asking $27k
1 owner since begining. Clean carfax. MD car

99 540/6 sport 56k miles...asking 23.5k
3rd owner. current owner had it for 6 months only. Most options, but no rear shades or navagation, but it had park distance control and rear folding seats, which I like..Current owner bought it for 29k from C & K Auto in Jersy, and willing to sell for $23.5, or would sell it to leasing company for $23k. He's getting a free car lease with a new job and thus the quick trade in. No repairs that he knows of since owning it since 49k. Maintenance just done at 50k mileage, and ill is good, including new tires since he bought it. Carfax is clean except for an accident indicator in 2001, but current owner doesn't know about, and he says he can't tell where it was hit and fixed, if anything major. Is carfax always accurate and taken seriously? or inspection is the way to go? NY long Island car.

I am confused! Which one? If any? Good deal? be more patient? I need to buy something in the next 2 weeks.

Thnxs guys and hopefully you can help me out to join your board!
Francino

Tiger
05-12-2004, 09:29 PM
Definitely the '01... no doubt.