PDA

View Full Version : Carsoft question

pgrindstaff
08-22-2007, 12:54 PM
I recently bought the carsoft interface and got a copy of the software installed on my old crappy laptop. Now this interface is pretty good for pulling codes but is pretty much useless otherwise. Do any of you know what year cars you are able to pull live data from? From the carsoft info it would seem that all cars post 92 have this capability. My car being a 3/93 is supposed to be able to show live data such as idle speed, coolant temp, etc. Is there some trick or are my modules simply too old.

Btw, if any of you want to borrow my interface I would be glad to let you borrow it, just pay shipping. Or, if you are local, it shouldn't be too much trouble to meet somewhere.

-Patrick

DanDombrowski
08-22-2007, 02:24 PM
Patrick,

Where is local for you? I have the software, but I never was able to figure out what the adapter (if its really an adapter and not just a straight serial interface) consisted of, so I gave up.

How much did the adapter cost?

pgrindstaff
08-22-2007, 03:21 PM
Patrick,

Where is local for you? I have the software, but I never was able to figure out what the adapter (if its really an adapter and not just a straight serial interface) consisted of, so I gave up.

How much did the adapter cost?

Local to me is the Acworth/Kennesaw/Marietta area in Georgia. I got the carsoft interface from ebay, search bmw diagnostic interface, for $170. Pretty steep for a tool that only lets me reset my SI lights and tells me what error codes were thrown.