PDA

View Full Version : Let it snow, let it snow, let it...

Jon K
08-20-2007, 05:58 PM
http://blowneuroz.com/mygallery/E34%20525i%20Motor%20Build/snow1.jpg

Went out today and bought the Snow Performance water/methanol injection Stage 2 system. I realized a local import tuner is but 3 miles from my work, so I went out on lunch.

This setup uses a standalone controller with a pressure sensor (MAP) and has a programmable start and max PSI, and it interpolates spray between. The pump is also adjustable to up to 180+ psi. It comes with 3 nozzles supporting up to 650whp for one nozzle (you can run more than one), and includes all the push fittings and lines and all. I upgraded two things - I went with the larger 7 quart tank (stock 2 quart) and I added a solenoid to act as a check valve since I am going to mount the tank way back in the trunk.

Macv
08-20-2007, 06:07 PM
You need a new candle.

Jon K
08-20-2007, 06:42 PM
So true

632 Regal
08-20-2007, 06:57 PM
Hahaha!
You need a new candle.

winfred
08-20-2007, 07:00 PM
how many moneys? i am probably going to get or build a system in the future for da truck, a lot of the cummins guys run washer fluid as most of it contains a certain quantity of methanol, some i think as high as 30% for a little extra power, plus most of the dodges have a huge washer tank, i think mine is 2 gallon or better so you have a built in level sensor and you can wash your windows too :D

sKilled
08-20-2007, 07:30 PM
how many moneys? i am probably going to get or build a system in the future for da truck, a lot of the cummins guys run washer fluid as most of it contains a certain quantity of methanol, some i think as high as 30% for a little extra power, plus most of the dodges have a huge washer tank, i think mine is 2 gallon or better so you have a built in level sensor and you can wash your windows too :D

Wouldn't the other additives in the washer fluid cause problems though? For example a slight soap film? Also, does it have to be methanol, as ethanol is rather easy to produce at home (although illegal almost everywhere except Italy and New Zealand, hooray for me!)?

Jon K
08-20-2007, 08:16 PM
Wouldn't the other additives in the washer fluid cause problems though? For example a slight soap film? Also, does it have to be methanol, as ethanol is rather easy to produce at home (although illegal almost everywhere except Italy and New Zealand, hooray for me!)?

Nah - its like 30% methanol and 70% water with some dye and occasionally a scent.

There are reasons for not using ethanol. The important thing is to not use the -30F washer fluid as it contains antifreeze that will ruin bearings and rings.

Winfred - I got the kit locally at a tuner shop for $502 with the upgraded solenoid (no siphoning) and 7 QT tank.

RallyD
08-20-2007, 10:45 PM
if you shake the washer fluid and it makes suds, don't use it for WI.
i've got a single nozzle kit for my PT but need to sort out some other issues first.

BigKriss
08-22-2007, 10:48 PM
Why did you get megasquirt to control this?

Jon K
08-22-2007, 11:07 PM
Why did you get megasquirt to control this?

Huh?

winfred
08-22-2007, 11:14 PM
me thinks theres a missing comma in that question

Huh?

BigKriss
08-22-2007, 11:37 PM
i'm not drinking, typo errors instead. Why didn't you get MS to contol it?

Jon K
08-23-2007, 05:24 AM
i'm not drinking, typo errors instead. Why didn't you get MS to contol it?

MS doesn't like controlling this kind of setup - MS likes to control a PWM modulated spray valve like the Aquamist HSV. The problem is that the Aquamist HSV is $255 alone... for a valve. I'd still need the pump, the lines, the tank, the fittings, the solenoid, etc. The Snow Kit S2 is nice because the controller it uses is actually good, I have friends using it, and it saves me from 1) more wiring to MS 2) more software configuration for MS, etc.

repenttokyo
08-23-2007, 08:16 AM

no soapy film - this goes on your windshield, and if you had a soapy film on your windshield, that would be a problem ;)