PDA

View Full Version : Un-deadlocking

karl1171
08-20-2007, 04:09 PM
I've recently posted regarding fitting a keyless entry system to my 93 UK spec 525.

Well I've sort of managed it: I've connected to the wires just behind the right speaker which go directly to the central locking motor on the drivers door.

Positive pulse on White/green locks the car, and on white/green/yellow to unlock the car.

I can deadlock the car and raise the windows by using a different output from the RKE box which stays high for about 20 seconds: This connects to the Blue/brown/yellow wire. The blue/brown yellow wire goes to a yellow plug in the door which connects it to a + supply when the key is turned to the deadlock position in the door. However if I connect this the car will no longer unlock from the fob and only unlock by using the key.

The motor has 6 wires: 3 thin wires to switch and 3 thicker wires to operate the motor, I'm currently using 2 of the thinner wires. I've tried pulsing the thicker wires but this just tends to make the motor move slightly, as if its at the end of its travel, or blow fuses.

Can anyone tell me how I can unlock the car using a positive pulse when it is deadlocked, or how I can raise the windows without deadlocking?

karl1171
08-25-2007, 03:01 PM
I've found it.

Just in case anyone else needs to know its the blue wire which in turn connects to the blue/white on the locking motor. This momentarily draws a huge current hence the blowing fuses. I've fitted a relay to overcome this.

bmwrp8
08-26-2007, 03:39 PM
I've found it.

Just in case anyone else needs to know its the blue wire which in turn connects to the blue/white on the locking motor. This momentarily draws a huge current hence the blowing fuses. I've fitted a relay to overcome this.

I've bought a aftermarket alarm system and they had to install two relays to operate the drivers side door w/o popping a fuse., so you mean to say i could use my remote to deadlock the doors? do i have to tap all the door actuator locks? or the driver side actuator would do?