PDA

View Full Version : rear hydraulic suspension - "SUSP" light coming on

FD'93-525iT
08-20-2007, 01:37 PM
I have a '93 525iT (160k miles) with hydraulic rear suspension and recently had a non-dealer shop replace the hydraulic struts with standard struts bypassing the hydraulic system. The car rides great but the "SUSP LEVELING" warning light continues to come on and the mechanic at the shop doesn't know how to keep this from happening. Any ideas?
thanks,
Frank

Ferret
08-20-2007, 02:58 PM
I have a '93 525iT (160k miles) with hydraulic rear suspension and recently had a non-dealer shop replace the hydraulic struts with standard struts bypassing the hydraulic system. The car rides great but the "SUSP LEVELING" warning light continues to come on and the mechanic at the shop doesn't know how to keep this from happening. Any ideas?
thanks,
Frank

Remove the bulb from the back of the dash, the only way you're going to stop it doing it, and pull the plug from the electronic control unit wherever it is.

BimmerMeUp
08-20-2007, 03:30 PM
Here's a thread on how to disable the error:

http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=31803&highlight=SLS

FD'93-525iT
08-21-2007, 03:10 PM
Here's a thread on how to disable the error:

http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=31803&highlight=SLS

Thanks for the thread but I can't find a 21-pin connector near the battery. I found a 14-pin connector which has the alarm system plugged into it, and a 14 or 18 pin connector. I also don't see any black wires with brown stripes and yellow dashes. Any thoughts? thanks

attack eagle
08-22-2007, 04:14 PM
Remove the bulb from the back of the dash, the only way you're going to stop it doing it, and pull the plug from the electronic control unit wherever it is.

NO!!!!!! there is no bulb, it is a check control message.

If you can't find the connector behind / beside the battery (BTW lift up the carpet flap... IIRC)... then move/adjust the Ride height "reader" that is either on the swaybar's left hand side (or was that the hydraulic valve?) or is attached to the right hand side's trailing arm via a thin metal rod. :D

Bolidoendiablado
05-31-2008, 01:51 PM
:( what do you do when there's no pin #13 to jump wire with #12 and there's no SLS in the car?? I was so happy to find this thread and so unhappy to find my car doesn't have that pin!!! please help, I still have that message in the computer and once is there it doesn't go away until I shut the engine....and restart it back again....

attack eagle
05-31-2008, 03:19 PM
never sls equipped? then you have a problem with the check control module I guess.

Bolidoendiablado
05-31-2008, 08:54 PM
I thought it was kind of a common problem, it comes on every once in a while, I checked underneath the car today a there's no sensor or lever.
Any ideas? where should I start poking?

bad_manners_god
05-31-2008, 09:50 PM
I thought it was kind of a common problem, it comes on every once in a while, I checked underneath the car today a there's no sensor or lever.
Any ideas? where should I start poking?

Take the battery out and push the carpeting away. Mine was near the bottom of the battery...

Follow all the wires. the 21-pin connector should be there, my touring is a 92 fyi.