PDA

View Full Version : Does Anyone have CD changer pics?

e34m30SF
08-17-2007, 11:29 PM
I wanted to see what they were mounted like...the more the better.

My 3/90 535i has the wiring for it, but no real mounting place for it under the shelf of the trunk. Dealer says it's suppsoed to go sideways in the left of the trunk, but the bracket for that is about 500 bucks. I paid 150 for my BMW/Pioneer CD Changer, and can't justify paying that much for a bracket. I'll probably drill some holes into the parcel shelf, but thought I'd get a picture or two of what it looks like before I do some minor surgery.

Thanks in advance, everyone!

Ross
08-19-2007, 10:13 AM
Just mount it under the package shelf with L brackets. Be mindful of the screw length into the changer so as not to foul the mechanism. There might be a legend on the changer case indicating how long a screw to use.
The closer to the center of the car the less likely it will be to skip.

BMWCCA1
08-19-2007, 12:27 PM
I could be wrong but I don't recall the Pioneer bracket being any different on the early cars like yours than the later E34s. That is the changer mounts with the magazine chamber door aiming to the rear of the car and the changer's bracket gets bolted to the lower of the stock 2-piece bracket that hangs the changer from the left (driver) side of the car's rear parcel shelf in the trunk. The bracket pieces sandwiched together with a piece of sponge rubber in between acting like an isolation suspension. That being said, I've mounted many of the non-BMW Pioneer changers without the BMW under-shelf bracket, directly to the shelf with no problems. You should see three or four cad-plated captivated nuts in the factory mounting spot.