PDA

View Full Version : Front Window Issue - Any Help?

Panzer Captain
08-16-2007, 06:37 PM
My front passenger window is giving me some problems:

- It rolls up and down, but around the halfway point, it gets very slow.

- I pulled the door panel off and watched the regulator move while I held the switch --- the glass got halfway up, and popped out of the white plastic clips that hold it.

- The front of the glass is being held up in the rubber / guide rail. The back of the window tries to rise, but it can only go so far before the force acting on the front window pops the whole window out of the white clips in the regulator.

- I read that the rail can kink and cause this problem. I ordered a new rail. The rail showed up - I got the old rail out.... and it's not kinked.

Does this mean it's the rubber that's grabbing the window? Does it just need to be lubed?

And how the hell do I get the rubber back in the rail, while I'm elbow-deep in the door frame.... ?

Anyone know a good auto glass / window shop on Long Island??!

632 Regal
08-17-2007, 08:08 AM
try dumping a bunch of talcum or baby powder in the rubber part of the rail. you might need to replace all that rubber sealing stuff. once petrolium products get in there it swells like crazy.

Ross
08-17-2007, 08:38 AM
Cleaning the tracks goes a long way. Silicone spray also helps. Any dried out old grease needs to go too. The beltline molding rubs the glass also, so if the glass is dirty or tinted it will drag there.

RallyD
08-17-2007, 03:40 PM
where are you on LI?