PDA

View Full Version : Does Jon K Have AC?

tgrandahl
08-16-2007, 10:35 AM
So i was just looking at a picture of Jon K's beast and the question dawned on me what happened to the AC lines? Also has anyone replaced the insulation on theres or just the lines entirely. I was stupid and pressure washed a lot of the high pressure one off... I can obviously feel the difference in the air with the exhaust manifold right next to the line.

Ferret
08-16-2007, 10:41 AM
So i was just looking at a picture of Jon K's beast and the question dawned on me what happened to the AC lines? Also has anyone replaced the insulation on theres or just the lines entirely. I was stupid and pressure washed a lot of the high pressure one off... I can obviously feel the difference in the air with the exhaust manifold right next to the line.

He gets AC from opening the windows once he's attained his cruising speed of 300+mph.

Jon K
08-16-2007, 11:20 AM

No air conditioning in the car - i could have probably made a setup to retain it but honestly the amount of time and custom AC lines would have made it not worth it in the end. Only when i commuted to the city last summer did I wish I had air conditioning. But not since!

Tiger
08-16-2007, 01:08 PM
Maybe it is JonK's ulterior motive to make his hot sexy girfriend shed clothes until she is skanky enough! LOL

Anton CH.
08-16-2007, 02:15 PM
Installing a turbo and keeping AC is hard but not impossible. Well worth the trobule in my opinion though.

Sam-Son
08-16-2007, 02:46 PM
Installing a turbo and keeping AC is hard but not impossible. Well worth the trobule in my opinion though.
+1 The only way I'd accept no A/C is if it was a cabriolet

Blitzkrieg Bob
08-16-2007, 03:17 PM
Plumbling shops sell pipe insulation that is split so you can just slip it on and secure it with a few zip ties.

attack eagle
08-16-2007, 04:39 PM
that stuf isn't designed to deal with the radiant heat...

what I would do is expound on that Idea by first gluing two layers of aluminum foil (reflective side out!!!) to the outside of the foam. Should be just enough to keep the foam from FUBAR'ing.

Blitzkrieg Bob
08-16-2007, 04:50 PM
that stuf isn't designed to deal with the radiant heat...

Black urethane?..Hmmm looks like whats on there now, with a foil cardboard tube.

It you've destroyed the foil sheild, there is also an adhesive foil tape used in HVAC that should hold up.

Anton CH.
08-16-2007, 05:24 PM
This stuff really works against heat transfer (its an exhaust wrap):
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=DEI%2D010121&N=700+115&autoview=sku

Then if you want to be really anal, you can coat that with with stuff against radiant heat:
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=DEI%2D010408&N=700+4294918557+115&autoview=sku

The exhaust manifold is far enough from the AC lines that you shouldn't have to worry about radiant heat. I'd just coat it with exhaust wrap and it will probably work better than factory. Remember, originally that stuff was black so it never was designed to reflect radiant heat.

Jon K
08-17-2007, 05:11 PM
You guys dont realize my turbo is literally where the AC compressor would be.

Sam-Son
08-17-2007, 07:57 PM
You guys dont realize my turbo is literally where the AC compressor would be.
Yeah that might pose a problem