PDA

View Full Version : For all you body men out there

indierthanthou
08-15-2007, 06:00 PM
i need to replace my passenger quarter panel, i just wanted to get some ideas of what it would cost. I will be supplying the materials myself, for the most part, such as the quarter panel, side skirt/rocker thats also rusting out, etc. What would labor cost me (ballpark)? I know that each situation is different, I am just trying to get a rough idea.

632 Regal
08-15-2007, 06:04 PM
what I would recommend is start bu calling, you will most likely need to phisically drive your car to the different places and get a real quote. Also make sure you check out the quality of work with each respected shop. Prices are going to vary widely between the shops.

indierthanthou
08-15-2007, 06:20 PM
That is kind of what I figured, I had the guy I plan on doing it tell me about $900 when he looked at it, but that was including parts. He would be doing the work at his own shop after work and on weekends, he said it would take him a couple weeks. I have seen his work before, it is amazing, I have seen cars that when he started on them looked like they had no hope turn out looking like they just rolled off the line

Scott C
08-15-2007, 07:08 PM
That is kind of what I figured, I had the guy I plan on doing it tell me about $900 when he looked at it, but that was including parts. He would be doing the work at his own shop after work and on weekends, he said it would take him a couple weeks. I have seen his work before, it is amazing, I have seen cars that when he started on them looked like they had no hope turn out looking like they just rolled off the line

That sounds like a very good deal to weld new parts, fill, prime and paint... Make sure you are happy with his existing work and that he doesn't do 2 kinds of work based on price - excellent or cheap....

Scott

Evan
08-16-2007, 01:59 AM
there's no welding... the fender is secured with about 12 screws...

an after market fender costs ~$100

my main concern would be the car coming out looking great... offer him $750 cash and settle on $800

indierthanthou
08-16-2007, 10:23 AM
its not a fender. its a quarter panel. passenger side rear.