PDA

View Full Version : will high temperatures exacerbate low R12 pressure?

ryan roopnarine
05-12-2004, 02:46 PM
....i ask because in march, when the temp was about 90 or so, a friend riding in my car told me that i needed to get my a/c charged or such....mind you, the people i socialize with would say something like that just to piss me off (in a harmless way). when the car was in canada, my uncle told me that there was no way that my a/c was low because it was blowing too cold to be so, though the temperature was about 70 there. the car is black/black interior, so its usually unbearably hot inside. does the cold make the a/c work better, or is it just a consequence of the ac not being able to completely cool the car down in warmer climates because of the interior (at 99 degrees on sunday it was unbearable for at least 15-20 mins run time).

AZ_Jason_S
05-12-2004, 04:33 PM
In general, ambient air temp will affect AC efficiency. Your AC condensor is located on the front of your radiator for a reason. Also, if your aux. fan isn't running your AC will not function optimally for the same reason.

ryan roopnarine
05-12-2004, 04:36 PM
i replaced lthe aux fan switch last august, and i confirmed that the aux fan works with the ac engaged.

Unregistered
05-12-2004, 06:59 PM
Place a digital thermometer in the center discharge duct to get an objective reading on the discharge air temp. The warmer the ambient air, the more energy your A/C is required to transfer out of the cabin. Mine worked great this spring, hooked up the gages and put in 12 oz. of R12 when the temps hit the 80s here near Asheville. Discharge temp gets down to 34 on the hottest days now.

Paul