PDA

View Full Version : Items in toolkit

qball
05-12-2004, 12:20 PM
Does anybody have a complete list of all the items that are in the trunk toolkit for a 92 525i?

TIA

winfred
05-12-2004, 12:25 PM
http://members.cox.net/wdixon27/535%20tool%20kit
and a generic foldable reflector

qball
05-12-2004, 12:54 PM
You never fail us my man.

TheGeak
05-12-2004, 01:01 PM
Win: do you just keep an archive of these pictures lying around? or are these all 'real time' photographs? I've always wondered about that

qball
05-12-2004, 01:27 PM
What are all the empty spaces used for?

Dick Schneiders
05-12-2004, 02:34 PM
I think one of them, under the spark plug socket and screwdriver is a space for a towing eye. However, that is not used on the 525i, as I recall.

What are all the empty spaces used for?

AZ_Jason_S
05-12-2004, 02:39 PM
Isn't there supposed to be a tow-hook and/or a box of extra bulbs also?

JR'Z 525
05-12-2004, 02:49 PM
I've seen the spare bulb kits on ebay. They would be a cool addition. Probably a euro spec tool kit item.
I bought a set of three BMW logo'd shop rags off ebay a year ago to keep in the kit. They add a "personal touch" to my kit...heaven forbid I would actually use them!
JR

Unregistered
05-12-2004, 02:59 PM
While we're talking tool kits, why not include suggestions for good extras to carry, such as feeler gauges, magnetic and/or snake flashlight, plastic surgical gloves, ground cloth, socket wrench set, digital votage meter, yadda yadda yadda.

winfred
05-12-2004, 10:37 PM
i keep the useful ones handy
http://members.cox.net/wdixon27/325is%20tool%20kit

http://members.cox.net/wdixon27/burnout.gif

Win: do you just keep an archive of these pictures lying around? or are these all 'real time' photographs? I've always wondered about that

Dick Schneiders
05-13-2004, 06:15 AM
i keep the useful ones handy
http://members.cox.net/wdixon27/325is%20tool%20kit

http://members.cox.net/wdixon27/burnout.gif

winfred
05-13-2004, 08:37 AM
that's in my e30, it came from a e28 with the big tool kit (usually 533/535) and some e24/23's had em too

scott540
05-13-2004, 08:46 AM
My old 635 kit looked like that. It had a blue rag with a bmw logo on it too.

henryw525i
05-13-2004, 10:06 AM
What is the tool that sits under the spanners? I have seen the spot but never knew where this tool went (as the car is still one owner)

Dick Schneiders
05-13-2004, 10:07 AM
how did you like the 635? Was it expensive to keep running? Why don't you have it any longer?

I have been interested in this model ever since one was for sale here a couple of years ago. The price seemed reasonable, and it was in good shape, but upon inspection I found out that it had been repainted and that there was a bit of bubbling in the paint in the wheel wells and trunk.

I love the look and feel of these cars.

Dick Schneiders

My old 635 kit looked like that. It had a blue rag with a bmw logo on it too.

sbcncsu
05-13-2004, 10:25 AM
how did you like the 635? Was it expensive to keep running? Why don't you have it any longer?

I have been interested in this model ever since one was for sale here a couple of years ago. The price seemed reasonable, and it was in good shape, but upon inspection I found out that it had been repainted and that there was a bit of bubbling in the paint in the wheel wells and trunk.

Dick Schneiders

Well, some friends of mine have a car lot here in Wilmington. They have an M6 on the lot with 85K on it. Look here if interested:

http://www.balkcumauto.com

scott540
05-13-2004, 11:06 AM
Dick, it was an 87 635 CSI. 5 speed. Delphin (Dolphin?) gray. My wife and I bought it in 1995 before we had kids with about 50,000 miles on it. I had driven a new one when Iwas in high school that one of my bosses owned so I always wanted one. Even after we had our first child. the car seat was ok in it. Anyway, we only had it for 2 years. Spring of 1997 a Chvy truck ran a stop sign and hit me in the passenger front at about 30 MPH. So new hood, front fender, front end, passenger door. Over 7000 in damage after I got it back it never did feel right. They should've totaled it. We decided to sell it. I still love those cars and have a poster of a blown up picture of it in my garage. Never had a problem with it in the two years I owned it except for the truck hitting it. . Only replaced the Guibo. Car was great on the highway. Quiet, I read somewhere that there was a few hundred pounds of sound proofing alone in it? That thing was heavy, I know that.
I also remember it cost me at the time I fortune to insure it. Insurer said since it was a high performance luxury coupe it was very expensive. I haven't seen too many of these around lately. The guy that bought mine bought it through a consignment place a freind of ours ran. He lived out and wyoming and had a red and a black one and was looking for a gray one. Guy bought it sight unseen and sent a flaat bed to Minnesota for it. Crazy. I would love to get another one some day.

Dick Schneiders

Dick Schneiders
05-13-2004, 11:27 AM
Surely the 540 is a higher performance car? I realize that there is a bit of mystique around the 635CSI/M6 cars, and they were fast, but they are approaching 20 years old now.

Dick Schneiders

Dick, it was an 87 635 CSI. 5 speed. Delphin (Dolphin?) gray. My wife and I bought it in 1995 before we had kids with about 50,000 miles on it. I had driven a new one when Iwas in high school that one of my bosses owned so I always wanted one. Even after we had our first child. the car seat was ok in it. Anyway, we only had it for 2 years. Spring of 1997 a Chvy truck ran a stop sign and hit me in the passenger front at about 30 MPH. So new hood, front fender, front end, passenger door. Over 7000 in damage after I got it back it never did feel right. They should've totaled it. We decided to sell it. I still love those cars and have a poster of a blown up picture of it in my garage. Never had a problem with it in the two years I owned it except for the truck hitting it. . Only replaced the Guibo. Car was great on the highway. Quiet, I read somewhere that there was a few hundred pounds of sound proofing alone in it? That thing was heavy, I know that.
I also remember it cost me at the time I fortune to insure it. Insurer said since it was a high performance luxury coupe it was very expensive. I haven't seen too many of these around lately. The guy that bought mine bought it through a consignment place a freind of ours ran. He lived out and wyoming and had a red and a black one and was looking for a gray one. Guy bought it sight unseen and sent a flaat bed to Minnesota for it. Crazy. I would love to get another one some day.

mike wong
05-13-2004, 11:34 AM
suggest adding cable ties & duct tape.
couple flares, too.

scott540
05-13-2004, 01:02 PM
At the time yes, a lot more. I remember complaining and I said "it's not like I'm driving a corvette or anything, the car is a 10 year old 6 cylinder car" She said It would be cheaper if I was driviing a corvette. But at the time I was under 30 and living inside the Minneapolis city limits.

Now I bet they're not too bad. It' s funny the 540 for liability coverage is actually cheaper than my 97 mini van. Much safer car. I think you're right about the mystique- those things new were like 50 something new and kinda rare.
It was fast but it was heavy and it sure didn't go like the 540.

Surely the 540 is a higher performance car? I realize that there is a bit of mystique around the 635CSI/M6 cars, and they were fast, but they are approaching 20 years old now.

Dick Schneiders