PDA

View Full Version : My radio "code" isn't working.

rcbrown23
08-13-2007, 03:36 PM
It's a 94 540, and in the manual for the stereo I have a card that give's a 5 digit security code.

Well, it says to enter the code, and the stereo will then work, but I tried twice and it just beeped at me and said "code". One more try and then I have to leave the stereo on for 1 hour before I can try again.

I got it working a few months ago (it's been sitting) after leaving it on for an hour, but I don't remember exactly how.

Any tips or tricks on this??

colo525i
08-13-2007, 04:21 PM
I've found that entering the code with the key in the I position vs. the II position tends to be successful more often. May be just my psychosis, but it seems to help. If you leave it on for an hour after the unsuccessful attempts, it should give you another chance. Radio must be on w/ CODE on the display.

Ross
08-14-2007, 08:24 AM
The beep means the number input is wrong. A longer beep at the end confirms a correct entry, as does renewed operation.

rcbrown23
08-14-2007, 02:33 PM
I know, it's strange... it IS the number in the manual specifically for this car, and a few months ago I let it sit for an hour, tried it, and it worked.

I'm going to go ahead and leave it on for an hour and then see what happens.

EDIT: I'll bet I know what happened. I reconnected the battery, and freinds played around with the stereo, which caused it to enter the wrong code. I've been trying it, but all it needs is to be on for an hour so I can re-enter the *correct* code.